1: The Universe-Time-Teleporter-Thing

Summary:

——☁︎︎——

Cho Saki, our protagonist, is a... well, not really a scientist. She just acts as a tester and engineer for her scientist friend, Hina Kibo. Together, they make the universe-time-teleporter-thing (or, the D.T.H.T., in Kibo's words) and try to teleport Saki to the volleyball anime known as Haikuu. They, more or less, succeed.

More or less.

What could possibly go wrong?

——☁︎︎——

Chapter 1: The Universe-Time-Teleporter-Thing

——☁︎︎——

" Ugh, why can't this thing work for once?!" Saki groaned, getting tired of the countless failed attempts.

" Look, we'll try this one more time, and then we can stop so that we can try to figure out what is going wrong. We're nearly there, too," Kibo reasoned as she scribbled on her paper, 'Attempt 43 - Failed.'

Saki chuckled, shaking her head, " Why are we even doing this? The government only let us try this because if we successfully built a universe-time-teleporter-thing, they would be able to use it for other things."

" But," the blonde girl retorted, " If we do this, we'll be able to get any job we want! Even working at Nasa. And, really, the government doesn't even know what we're working on. We just bought a hella supplies and he just turned a blind eye, I guess. Also, it's called a D.T.H.T., standing for 'Dimension and Time Human Transmitter' - not a 'universe-time-teleporter-thing.'"

Saki only tightened her ponytail, while leaving some stray strands, her black hair cascading down her back, and ending just below her shoulder-blades.

" And," Kibo added, waving her pen at the girl, " Think of all the weebs out there! Dreaming of a possibility to meet their favourite characters, in their own dimensions, and leave everything behind. Their troubles, their problems. Well, we're that possibility, aren't we?"

Looking at her with grey orbs, Saki lifted her eyebrows in an uninterested manner.

Kibo sighed, " Okay, look. We don't know each other well, but-"

She was interrupted by Saki chuckling, " I can't even remember your name sometimes. Same for you with me. 'Don't know each other well' is an understatement."

The blonde huffed, " -But, we both have broken lives. No family, no friends, no money... We only have our brains!"

Saki nodded and hummed in sarcastic agreement, " Uhuh, because our brains pay rent, they give us company, they-"

" Okay, okay!" Kibo walked over to the teleporting machine. "Just lie down and put the damn blindfold on. We try this one more time."

Although annoyed, Saki complied and sat down on the white machine, taking out her blindfold and earpiece.

The time-universe machine-thing looked a little like a bed. It was white, but it had a sort of split-in-half dome above where your head would sit. Once you get in the bed, it lengthens over your body until you are under a curved piece of metal above you. Then, the process would start, and you would be teleported to another dimension, time, or both. Your choice where and when you want to go.

Oh, yeah. You also need a blindfold and earplugs if you don't want to burst your eardrums from the pressure or go blind from the overwhelming energy that collects. The earplugs also have a communication device build in, though, so that the user can communicate with their present time and dimension if needed. She had made them herself.

As Saki put on her blindfold and fitted her earplugs, she thought about what would happen if the 'mission' got a success. What would she do inside the anime she had chosen? Of course, usually you'd get teleported to a time after the original plot had ended, but sometimes it would be completely random. That was how they'd programmed it, anyway.

Saki had chosen Haikuu; it would be normal, and no immediate threats -  she would also get to meet some of her favourite characters. Nishinoya, maybe even Kenma or Kuroo. 

She had debated on it for a while, however, because she also wanted to go to My Hero Academia. It would be cool to see heroes in real life and have a quirk, but there was a large chance of her being quirkless, since she's basically born quirkless in her dimension. And there was the threat of villains, too.

So, she had settled on Haikuu. She even knew a lot about volleyball anyway, so if she decided to become manager for Kurasuno, or even become a player, she wouldn't be too hopeless.

Since she couldn't hear or see now - thanks to the earplugs and blindfold she had on - once she had laid down on the white bed, Saki blindly stuck her hand out with a thumb up, signalling that she was ready.

Around her, she felt the bed hum as it collected energy once the switch to turn on had been flipped. A few more seconds and it would stop, like the rest of the attempts, and Saki would get to say, 'told ya so,' to Kibo.

She waited a few seconds for the disappointment, but the hum didn't falter. In fact, it only got stronger, sending unpleasant shivers down her body as she dug her nails into her palms and clenched her jaw.

As it got stronger, she frowned. Something was wrong. She heard a muffled yell of her name, in Kibo's voice. Accompanying her shouts was the faint sound of an alarm, and a monotoned, robotic voice blabbering something.

Her last thought was, 'What the fuck is happening up there-?'

Before everything went silent abruptly, everything seemed to disintegrate as she couldn't feel the bed anymore and she seemed to stay still in the air for a moment...

Before gravity took its turn.

And she fell.

Down.

Down.

Down.

- ☁︎︎ -A/n- ☁︎︎ -

HELLO HOW ARE YOU TODAY >:D

aight so like,,,,,, no ones reading this yet but i dont care bc imma just ramble and no one can stop me 😤

OK SO i made this for literally no reason wtf am i doing here OK SO I HOPE SOMEONE SEES THIS SOON OTHERWISE MY MOTIVATION AND EGO WILL DIE SLOWLY IN A PIT ALONE 😃👍

but aaaaaanyway we dont think bout that rn 😌

im sorry, actually, for anyone reading this, bc these author notes will probably be chaotic and random. goodluck :D

Have a sPECTACULAR DAY/NIGHT/3AM(this is hypocritical but go to bed pls-) bc you deserve it you beautiful being  😤✨ make sure to try to take care of yourself to your best ability! 

i hope you liked reading bye byeeeeeee <3