War Day 3: Eyes and Ears in the sky!

Start from the beginning

Me: For me?

The bird nodded.

Me: Thanks!

Next the bird flapped his wings and landed on my shoulder. I looked at the small feather in my hand. Small was pretty relative since it was the size of half of my palm. Not only that but it was in its hardened state.

What a nice throwing knife this must be. . .

Hawks: huh. . .

Only then I remembered that Hawks was still here and I turned around. The poor guy looked terrified. There were a lot of birds all around us. Somewhere in the air waiting to strike at him, others were on the ground and some were even in the broken windows sitting there and watching us as well as on the roof top.

He was as pale as a ghost. His wings were puffed up and shaking like a leaf.

Me: It's okay.

Me: Everything is fine. They won't attack us.

Hawks: . . .

Oh great, I just broke him!

Me: Hel-l-o-o?

No respond, his eyes wide open and his mouth too.

Me: Earth to Hawks? You still there?

Nah, I broke him.

I wonder why?

Was the pack of birds too much for him?

But they are only crows. . .

He should be okay with them.

I mean he is a Hawks.

Wait, I ama change my statement. It's completely wrong.

He can't deal with mutated crows.

The crow on my side nudged me and I looked at it.

Screcwrow: CAW?

I am pretty sure he asked me what is wrong.

Me: Well Hawks.exe stopped working and I do not know how to restart him.

Scarecrow: CAW!

As if it was a command the smallest bird of the pack came flying towards Hawks in a less speedy way and began hovering in front of his face:

Baby Scarecrow: CAW!

It was such a cute noise and it was even enough to wake him up from the trance. I was not even sure if he played dead to like being a stature or something like that. However, I was pretty sure I saw his soul leave his body earlier.

Haks: AHHH GET THAT THING AWAY FROM ME!

Scarecrow: CAW!

The bird went away thanks to the command of the crow on my shoulder.

Hawks: Ahm, Izuku? I don't want to freak you out but you have a killer bird on your shoulder.

Me: I know.

Hawks: YOU KNO- you know?

Me: Yes and I already told you to chill. Hawks this is Scarecrow and his. . . her pack? Come to think of it I don't even know if you are a male or a female.

Scarecrow: CAW!

Me: So a male?

He nodded to me.

Me: Okay so Hawks met Scarecrow, Scarecrow this is Hawks.

Hawks: WHA-? You know what I am just gonna accept this one. I don't want an explanation.