Arrival of Anticipation

Start from the beginning

   "Next time we order flower arrangements we leave them outside!" Yao only able to nod his head, keeping his ungloved hang to his nose, pinching it together as his eyes watered. The two feeling grateful that nobody else was in their presence as they groaned and whined about the issue, wishing they had thought this through more having let the flowers remain in the room for two days.

. .

    The quick sounds of heels alerted them of who was to come, the door cracking open by a gloved hand. Alfred couldn't find himself to pull his eye's off the other who stood in purple robes, lace trimming the folds on the jackets interior along with the cuffs of the sleeves, the end of the long cloak adorned with the Queen's mark that reflected in the light, his waistcoat having lace trimmed at the bottom along with the pockets. Alfred couldn't count the small details simply having to hide his awe, knowing the Queen to usually be adorned in the finest clothes, often overshadowing the King in all aspects due to them being known for standing on their own, typically a King being present to maintain the other's sanity. Turning towards the other he stepped up, gently placing a hand under his chin, "Surely you didn't think so low of me." Stretching up as he slid his hand onto his cheek, softly lowering the other before pressing his lips, Alfred almost resisting for a moment as panic slipped over him still unused to the affection, before wrapping his arms around the other. Falling away, Arthur looked up to him, fixing the small rose that sat in his pocket, "Maybe I should kiss you more often." The Queen added, slipping a warm smile to his King, offering one more kiss on the cheek before pulling away to deliver his speech. 

     A hand fell onto Alfred's shoulder, spooking him as he looked to whom the hand belonged too, calming down slightly when realizing it was only Yao, "Your relationship really has improved in such a short amount of time." The Jack commented, removing his hand from the taller one's shoulder. 

     Feeling a blush dust onto his cheeks he shook his head, "We've always been like this." 

     "Oh, no you haven't your highness, please don't pretend it to be so when only mere months ago the two of you would have happily killed the other." 

      Pressing against the wall with his shoulder he rolled his eyes, "Please, he wouldn't have the gall to kill me. He loves me too much." The other prided, knowing how the other wouldn't hesitate to get after the other by either scolding or brutal force, but that was above all even despite he knew the other had the strength to leave bruises and scratches he had never inflicted them purposely and rather through accidental tragedies: slipping off a staircase only to grasp onto the other's bare arms on instinct leaving angry red scratches for days, bruises from having to refrain himself from attacking the Club and Diamond Kings' after their multiple advances toward the two of them.

     Having predicted his response he crosses his arms, holding his head up a little higher, "You didn't hear the conversations that followed suite when you weren't present." 

     The King froze, the tranquility and pride that had once shined off him now drenched in a paralyzed sense of fear, watching Yao with an intensity as he led the other out to stand next to the Queen. Truly nothing of the sort had ever been spoken by the Queen, surely he had been agitated by the other's attitude but had never threatened death, it was truly just to get under the other's skin. He had succeeded at doing so, possibly a little too much noticing how throughout the speech he remained slightly pale faced despite still giving off the proper appearance needed to be shown, but everything about the way his eyes would slightly shift away from the speaker informed him that he wasn't listening and rather lost in his thoughts, staring far off into the sky past them as clouds covered the suns gaze and birds flew around in song.