BONUS

Rihetha awoke to soft flower petals brushing against her face. That meant one thing, fairy wings. She was sure to tuck her own wings close to her body as she rolled over.

The floor struck her like a hammer. She opened her eyes to find herself, not only naked, but fully grown.

Until now, she was unable to come out of fairy form on her own unless suffering bouts of extreme anger.

Last night's fight with Wyrn came back to her and she let out a sigh and stood. She hated to fight with him. He always lost. And the way he'd give up then turn unresponsive always wrecked her with so much guilt that she'd give in anyway.

Despite knowing that, she'd carry on. She wished she could say that their first fight ending with her throwing things was a rare event. That was not the case.

She chalked it up to a fairy's fury, but if that were true, where was Wyrn's? He'd never gotten as angry as he'd made her; and she'd try.

No. In this, he was very much like the Jaffo who were slow to react beyond stoic listening.

But he hadn't turned her back into her fae form. Was that his way of showing her who was boss?

A whomp sound told her Wyrn had grown to match her. She smiled because that meant one thing.

"Making love is not a good way to end a fight."

"Oh, I would disagree."

Rihetha froze.

Who was that?

Now instead of standing bold, she crossed her arm along her chest and below her stomach.

Who...was that?

"You do know that I can see the back side of you rather well...and fondly."

"Whoever you are," Rihetha said, breathing ragged, "my husband is not the most forgiving of your kind."

He scoffed. "Why do you talk like this? It's me. We know each other so well. And besides," he said, his voice deepening, "you owe me."

She stood to her full height. That voice she knew.

Instead of looking back, she searched for her clothes.

He jumped from the bed and held her waist.

She was sure to leap away as she turned. "Do not touch me."

Matax managed a weak, one-sided smile. The physical beauty of the fairies spurred legends. Rihetha had considered her love for her husband as why she saw Wyrn as handsome. But now, upon seeing Matax, who easily towered over Wyrn in human form, she could admit he was something to behold. Like Wyrn, and perhaps all fairies, his body was trim. But where Wyrn's muscles were well-defined, taut, strong, Matax looked sturdy rather than formidable. His face resembled his fae form as well, prompting Rihetha to wonder if he simply chose which characteristics to make more human, because his black irises were larger than most. As a fairy, the iris encompassed the entire eye.

Yet another thing was strange about him in human form, he kept his blue...in hair color. No other fairy did this. Although Rihetha was curious about it, she also valued her neck.

Being found naked in her room, in her bed, with another man was bad enough. With another fairy. She couldn't imagine all the ways Wyrn would do away with them.

Matax flopped down on the bed then lay on his side. "I need your help," he said, resting his head on his palm.

"Me? My help?"

"Hm'hm."

Rihetha knew better than to trust fairies, least of all Matax. She feared for him more than herself because while Wyrn was gentle in all things, there was something below the surface she feared disturbing in him.