BONUS (AFTER BOOK 2)

WARNING: This bonus chapter takes place after the second book "The Hunchback's Fairy King Problem." I'd hoped to make "The Hunchback's Fairy King Problem" a standalone so if you have read it first, it's important to NOT read this bonus chapter until you've read "The Hunchback's Reluctant Bride" as there are many big spoilers. Once again, this bonus takes place after "The Hunchback's Reluctant Bride" and "The Hunchback's Fairy King Problem." If you have not read both of these stories, it's best not to read this bonus chapter.

" If you have not read both of these stories, it's best not to read this bonus chapter

The bite of the night air spoke of winter. Wyrn took one fleeting glance at the office of the new magistrate then leapt from the window. In truth, a fairy could keep flying, even while asleep or unconscious. Surely, something similar happened now as he flew higher into the night sky.

Fatigue weighed him down. As he traveled, he allowed his eyes to rove the land—his land. His land that he was fortunate enough to reclaim once more.

Even the hustle and bustle of the town quieted when he passed over. That was a consequence of his arrogance and power.

Once upon a time, the Fairy King set out to conquer the world. He took the entire continent. Anyone fearing his arrival learned to recognize the glow of his wings fast. It was usually the last thing they saw before he either burned their homes or brought them under his rule.

Armed with his night Fae, he spread everywhere and he would have traveled further and further if he hadn't been poisoned to death.

Wyrn recalled the terror he rained down everywhere he went. Perhaps the old Fairy King, the version of himself before he'd died, could argue it was a just rule but it had not been.

It had simply been a mighty one. And one without end because all knew the Fairy King, unlike the Fairy Queen, was immortal and would return for what was his.

A small village came into view finally and he touched down by a newly built hut. It was rebuilt bigger than the last. Upon returning home from his travels to find it, Wyrn had been touched. He'd also been relieved.

He needed to leave this fairy form before his presence attracted any night Fae.

Feet feeling heavy with each step, he soldiered on to his door. The lamplight set the window shimmering. It took every bit of the last of Wyrn's energy to jump up and catch that windowsill. Finally, he dragged himself up.

No sooner had he sat, a hand grabbed him and the window slammed shut.

"Are you mad! What if someone sees you?"

Vadde's warm grip had Wyrn curling up in her palm. He was tempted to sleep right then and there just like that.

"Husband, no. Come back to mortal form. Please. You cannot stay like that. You'll attract others."

Though she put a kiss on his head, she rubbed his back then traced his wings, forcing them to twitch in response.

"I'm too tired," Wyrn complained. "Please let me rest."