I'll always remember us this way

Start from the beginning

''I'm not making it a game! He made it a game! I really don't want this to be the end, okay! I love you, this cannot be the end. Not after everything we've been through. All the waiting around, all the back and forth, all the heartbreak. This can't be it.''

''Why did you keep it from me?''

''I don't know. There's no reason, Stefan!''

''There clearly is!''

''There's not!''

''What is it!''

''Nothing!''

''It's not nothing! What is it!''

''I thought you would leave me!'' She admitted as she turned her back on me and walked in the other direction back to the couch. She turned back around to face me. 

''What?''

''I thought you were going to leave me. I thought you were going to have a major reaction, freak out, get overwhelmed and run. So I just didn't tell you. It was easier that way, I could never have guessed he would just show up and ruin everything. And I guess I was right. You did have a freakout, just like I thought you would.''

''I am not having a freakout! I would never leave you Elena, not over something so stupid.''

''After you left Katerina I thought you would do the same to me.''

''I left her for you, don't you understand.'' I threw my hands in the air as I turned my back away from her. She stood there, on the other side of the room confused. She didn't understand how in love I was with her. I dropped my hands, turned around and quickly walked towards her. I brought my hands up and just  as I reached her my hands went around the back of her neck and into her long, brown hair. 

(meredithsderek1 I tried ok. i rlly tried. ⬇️)

I pressed my lips against hers, our tongues intertwining. As our bodies touched, electricity flickered between us. I snaked my hands around her waist bringing her closer, she ran her fingers roughly through my hair moving all the strands out of place. Our breathing became heavier, we had never felt more connected. We pulled away briefly for air but then crashed our lips back together. I rubbed my hands up and down her back occasionally pulling her waist closer with one hand. I ran my hands through her hair, messing it up as well. I picked her up putting my hands under her ass and she simultaneously wrapped her legs around my waist. I slammed her back against the closest wall, which I followed with an innocent apology for possibly hurting her. She didn't reply she only kissed me harder, deeper. She separated her lips from mine and reached down to the end of my shirt. She grabbed it and lifted it off, throwing in on the floor. I did the same to her leaving her in her lacey, white bra. I put my hands under her ass and lifted her away from the wall walking to my bedroom. I laid her down on the bed before I began undoing my belt and pants. She did the same, both of us now in our underwear. She sat on the bed, leaning back on her elbows. I hovered over the top of her making sure to not put any of my body weight on her as I would have crushed her. I kissed her lips, our tongues only intertwining for a second before I trailed my kisses over her jawline and down her neck. She flipped me over and straddled over me. She kissed my lips deeply before trailing them along my jaw and down my neck, sucking gently on my collarbone leaving a mark that could be covered by our scrubs. 

*the next day* 

Meredith's POV

I walked into the scrub room, pressed the soap dispenser and began scrubbing. I pressed the water button with my foot and a shower of water flew out of the tap and onto my hands.  I walked into the OR and they gloved me. I stood over my patient, a simple bowel resection. Perez stood on the other side of the table observing. 

I glanced up at the gallery to find Derek sitting up there with a smile on his face. I returned the smile and gazed back at my patient. 

''10-blade Bokhee.'' I instructed before she handed me the instrument. I made the incision and began the surgery. 1 hour into the surgery, I stopped. 

My mind wen't completely blank. I couldn't remember what the next step was. I searched every corner of my brain and there was nothing. I looked around at my unfamiliar surroundings, confused as to why I was holding something sharp and wearing a mask. I continued scanning the room growing more and more confused. 

I looked up and noticed a room with a man in it. He was very attractive, dreamy one would say but I didn't know his name. He glared at me, he seemed slightly worried. Worried over what, I thought. And then I looked down. 

I looked down in front of me and saw something horrendously disgusting. Tubes and tunnels covered in blood and fluid. Some of the tube was a different colour to the rest which was strange. My brain processed the sight and told my stomach that it was disgusting. I could feel the contents of my stomach slowly rising up my oesophagus. I began to feel dizzy and my vision became blurry. My legs and arms became weak and I couldn't see anything at all. My knees gave way and my numb body hit the floor. My eyes closed, sharp thing still in hand as I lied on the floor of the strange room. 

Derek's POV

I rushed out of the gallery and ran down to the OR. Meredith had collapsed and passed out on the floor. I paged Elena so she could finish the surgery before I scooped Meredith up and put her on the closest gurney. I rushed her to an empty room and waited for her to wake up. 

A million thoughts ran through my head. Why did she collapse? Why did she look so confused and disorientated? I called CT and told them I would be down there shortly. Meredith's eyes flickered open as the monitor beeped steadily beside her. 

''Wha- What happened?'' She questioned as she looked down at herself lying in a hospital bed. 

''You collapsed in surgery.'' I said softly as I squeezed her hand.

''I don't remember anything after cutting into the patient. Nothing.'' She stated.

''It's ok, I've called CT. You hit your head pretty hard on the floor of the OR.'' I announced as I pulled up a wheelchair. She got into the wheelchair and we walked to CT. 

I strapped her onto the CT bed as she laid quietly staring at the inside of the machine. I sat in the imaging room talking to her through the intercom while I waited for the images to come up. While I was waiting, Lexie walked by and stepped inside. 

''Hey.'' She said and she sat down. She looked at the screen and saw the name in the corner. ''Oh my god! Is that Meredith? What happened!?'' She said before covering her mouth with her hand.

''She collapsed in the OR, I was just about to page you.'' I said as the scans began to form on the screen.

''Oh no.'' Was all I managed to say. 

A/N: So bit of a cliffhanger there. What is the scan gonna say? Well that's for me to know and u to find out... next chapter. I'm so sorry for not updating im a horrible author. pls dont bully me if this is shitty its the middle of the night as usual (which is pretty much the only time i have time to write) and my brain might be half asleep. anyway, enjoy!

word count: 2011