You'll be the prince and i'll be the princess its a love story baby just say yes

Lexie's POV

Many people struggle mentally and physically after having a baby. Me, no. I have been great after having Louis. My body has been recovering amazingly, but obviously there are still a few things I can't do, and I've honestly never been happier. Mark has been the most amazing father in the 2 weeks we've had the baby. When he cries, Mark is the first to get up and put him back to sleep, when he needs changing, Mark always offers to change him. I'm so grateful for Mark it's ridiculous, I just love him so much.

I'm so thankful that I gave birth without any complications to either of us, both of us were perfect. After everything we've been through; breakups, a shooting, a plane crash, a car crash that left me with temporary memory loss, I couldn't be more grateful for my healthy baby and amazing husband. After the crash, everyone was surprised the baby had lived, I am surprised the baby lived. If I had had my memories after the crash and had remembered I was pregnant I would have thought I had lost the baby. I just can't believe that Mark stood by me every day after the accident, even though I couldn't remember him. He really loves me. 

After the crash I was a whirlpool of emotions, it was a lot to take in. I was meeting my sisters, husband and friends for what I thought was the first time and they were feeding me all this information about my life, none of which I could remember. I felt overwhelmed and overstimulated. And then I was forced to accept the fact that I was living with and having a child with a guy that I didn't know. That was one of the scariest things I've ever done. For all I knew he could've been a murderer, which is ironic because he's actually the opposite, we're the opposite. We're surgeons we save people, it's our life. 

The fact that my memories returned when Mark and I kissed proves to me that we share a deep connection. It's almost like somewhere deep in my brain I knew who he was, but needed an experience to remember him. He was a repressed memory and I needed a sight, tastes, smell or feeling to recover it. The kiss was the feeling that recovered my memories, he saved me. Without him I'd just be the girl who can't remember the majority of her life. 

During the period of time I had without my memories I had strange dreams. I would often dream about a woman, which turned out to be my mum, laying in a hospital bed. I would also dream about flying in a plane and being in the woods. But every night, at the end of my dream I would visualise myself being shot and then I'd wake up. Now that I'm a neurosurgeon again I've realised that repressed memories can be expressed through dreams. I dreamed about my mother dying, the plane crash, and the shooting. Obviously the dreams weren't perfectly aligned with the memories I now have considering I was never shot, and the plane crash dream was very vague. It would start with me in a plane, Mark was up the front but I could never identify who he was at the time of the dreams. Then the next thing I would see were trees, just trees. In every direction I looked were tall, straight trees. And that's all the dream was.

 I think it was so vague because its the memory I associate the most amount of trauma with. I almost died out there. If that helicopter hadn't have rescued us when they did I would have died out there in those woods. I was freezing, dehydrated, starving and somehow also numb at the same time, but most of all I was in pain. It wasn't sharp stabbing pain, it was the sort of pain that infects your entire body. Every inch of my being was throbbing, or at least it was for the first day. By the second day, I had grown accustomed to the throbbing and my brain blocked it out, I became completely numb. Mark sat by me the whole four days we were in those woods, he held my hand and told me he loved me. After he got the plane wing off me, we went back to the other and just played there. Both of my legs were broken and I knew I had internal bleeding but somehow I lived. 

The fact that I survived the plane crash was a sign that my life wasn't finished. I didn't get to get married, have kids, become a successful neurosurgeon, grow old. I got a second chance and didn't waste a second. Mark broke it off with Julia as soon as we got to the hospital, I had the staff put us in the same room and we bonded. We we're back together by the end of that week, we didn't wanna waste precious, valuable time. We dated for a while, moved in together after a year, built a house and then he proposed. 

The proposal was incredible. He planned it out to the second. We woke up one day, we both had the day off from work and he said he wanted to go to the beach. We hadn't been in ages so I agreed and we headed off to the beach like any other vacation day. It was summer, it was boiling hot and a prefect day for the beach, not a cloud in the sky. After a day at the beach we decided we wanted to go out and get some food and a drink. We went to a bar/restaurant and it turned out to be karaoke night, but of course Mark knew that. He had asked for work off for both of us, he had organised the beach day, he made sure karaoke was on. Mark dragged me up onto the stage and told me to let loose and have some fun. The song we had to sing was 'Love story' by Taylor Swift. We were singing with a smile from ear to ear looking out into the crowd. We had almost finished the song until we got to the last verse.

Romeo, save me, I've been feeling so alone
I keep waiting for you, but you never come
Is this in my head? I don't know what to think
He knelt to the ground and pulled out a ring
And said, "Marry me, Juliet
You'll never have to be alone
I love you and that's all I really know
I talked to your dad, go pick out a white dress
It's a love story, baby, just say, "Yes"

As I sang 'he knelt to the ground and pulled out a ring' I looked over and Mark was on one knee with a ring in one hand and the microphone in the other. My hand flew to my mouth and he continued singing '"Marry me, Lexie, you'll never have to be alone, I love you and that's all I really know. I talked to your dad, go pick out a white dress, It's a love story, baby, just say, and I sang "Yes".' And I burst into tears. I was so beyond happy that I couldn't contain myself, I flung myself into his arms, kissed him and he put the ring on my finger. The whole crowd was cheering and most people were crying. The best part is that someone videoed it so we have this memory forever.

The proposal was the greatest thing I could have ever asked for, I wouldn't have changed and part of it even if I could. I love Mark Sloan. 

A/N: 

Hey! I'm sooo sorry I haven't updated in a bit. So this chapter is basically Lexie telling us about her experience during the time she lost her memory, and she also recounts when Mark proposed to her. Enjoy!!! xxx 

ps. I didn't proof read so if there is bad grammar or bad spelling I'm sorry lol