A splash had me looking up to see Phoenix washing his muzzle and paws in the water before taking a drink from further up the stream. I continued to relax as I watched him, keeping an eye on his every move.

Once he was finished, he climbed out and shook his fur. Water flew everywhere including on myself and I huffed in protest. He barked before going to walk a perimeter of where we stood.

Whilst he was gone, I quickly shifted to my human form so I could get a look at the wounds I had received. Although I was naked, the water that sat at my belly button kept me warm.

Seven gashes lay across my side and down to my hip bone, about five inches in length. I winced as I touched them, hoping they would heal closed by tomorrow since they were not too deep. It hurt to turn my body as they pulled against the strain, but I made sure the rest of me was okay and clean. The only other injury I sustained was soon-to-be bruising to my side and arm from where I took the impact.

A sudden bark had me jumping to cover my chest with my arms and clench my legs together. Ares came stalking through the trees, his fur bristling in the sunlight. He kept his head low when he approached, and I eyed him warily. He whimpered before gently nudging his head against me.

I allowed him to greet me but was shocked when his tongue darted to lick at the cuts on my side. I swatted his wolf head away with a yelp, but he just growled at me.

"D-don't!" I shrieked.

He growled but forced his rear into a sitting position. I still had to look up at him in the position but took it as my time to admire his wolf. He was stunning, albeit very creepy. Black, thick fur, large paws with black eyes and a menacing aura. I would not want to meet him as a stranger.

His wolf head came down from observing the treeline to study me in return. My eyes widened at the intense stare and an involuntary shiver overcame me. I was all too aware of my nudity and vulnerability right now, but the humming of the mate bond and the attraction I was feeling kept me somehow feeling safe. He kept pressing at the mind link, but I refused to let him in.

He suddenly stood onto all four legs and took a couple of steps backwards. I watched him with narrow eyes, wondering what he was doing. Within a split second, he was shifting into his human form and my eyes widened as Phoenix landed before me. Now I had no choice but to talk to him, and this time he was naked. So very naked.

Cel was bristling beneath my skin as we shamelessly took in our male. I mean, I couldn't help myself either. He stood a distance away, tanned skin dripping with water and sweat. His dark hair was tousled in all directions, and I watched transfixed as his hands went to neaten it. The muscles in his arms were tensing and my eyes travelled the length of them before dropping to his shoulders and chest. He was so defined, so broad that I wanted nothing more than to just bite his skin. Is that weird? That's weird, right?

My eyes dropped to his stomach, muscles tensing as he turned to observe his surroundings again. They dipped into a V-shape and I quickly had to look away when my eyes fell further. A furious blush encompassed my cheeks as he caught me staring at his body, at all of his body. I mean, how can I not see it when it's just hanging at my eye level?

"Nova." He spoke first. "That was a very foolish thing to do back there. You could've gotten seriously hurt."

I chewed on my lip and fixed my hair with one hand as the other stayed across my chest. I wasn't comfortable with being naked around anyone.

'Except for Molly.' Cel teased.

I was drunk then, that's different. I muttered.

"I-I know."