Chapter forty-four

Another week had gone by, and thankfully things were looking up for the Shishigumi. People often talked about what it was like having a human representing the Shishigumi some disagreed with it and found it rather strange to have a human lead a pack of lions not only that, but a women being the face of a mafia. However others found it very inspiring and felt more safe within the walls of the black market, you knew people started to like you when Free would not stop babbling on and on about all of the good things people had to say about this.

At this point your thoughts about Louis seemed to subside, you learned to accept the faith he may of had or even the fact that the two of you may never cross paths again. All that mattered right now were the people around you and how they supported you, that was all that mattered now. "Boss, you have another meeting with a past client wishing to negotiate the terms of our deal with them." Ibuki announced walking into your new office the on that alevery boss in the Shishigumi's received.

You looked up at Ibuki if it weren't for him you'd be completely lost in all of this but thankfully over some time you have gotten some more understanding of how the deals should work and how to earn the trust of clients. "Around what time?" You asked looking over at the clock on the wall ahead of you placed right above the doorway.

"5:00pn, Boss." It was strange not matter how many times I insisted Ibuki call me by my actual name he couldn't bring himself to do it claiming it was from the great deal of respect he had for me.

It was only 3:22pn by the time he told me about this I nodded and looked down at the papers still concerning many past things that were never dealt with, "Thank you, Ibuki." You didn't look back up again until you heard his footsteps leave and the door shut, there you were again left to your own thoughts that just might one day, consume you whole. You continued to read through the complaints of past people and made an effort to better them with every waking moment, I refuse to let my selfish thoughts take a hold of me right now.

It had nearly been an hour when Ibuki came in and told you about the client, and yet you were still here overworking yourself like usual. Leaning back in the desk chair you stared at the ceiling not knowing what else to do, why was this whole thing so stressful. Everyone else made it look like a breeze, somehow Louis almost always had extra time on his hands and the Chief Lion couldn't really be bothered with clients. Was it possible you were doing it wrong or doing everything completely right.

You stood from the desk giving those papers on last look, you'd consumed more than half of them and if you really wanted to use your time wisely, you could have sat down and finished it.  Instead you decided to take a break for at least a few more minutes, those minutes quickly turned into an hour and here you were seated in your room as everyone else did what not, you didn't really care in that moment. If you weren't doing your job correctly then why should they be out scouting the whole black market.  It was a nice ours of silence until a knock quickly knocked you out of the safe zone you've created, "What is it?" You asked sitting up from the position on you bed, it wasn't like they truly bothered you. For the past hour you had been staring at random things occasionally closing your eyes but never falling asleep.

"It's nearly five, we should leave soon, boss."

You recognized that voice anywhere, standing up you reached the door just in time to see Free turning his back to leave, "You don't need to call me that." You said dully allowing the smallest smile creep onto your face.

He turned around with the dumbest smile on his face, "It's funny." Free stated before leaning on the door frame, "How's it been?" he asked you while you moved out of the way allowing him in your room.

"Stressful at times" You admitted, you were glad Free never acted different around you if anything he never changed. Regardless of how many times everyone else especially Ibuki would say you deserved respect regardless of how close we were, he never listened anyway so everyone viewed it as a lost cause.