Chapter five

I arrived back as the sun had just stared to set, I pulled into the drive way getting a few nods of hello from the guards that were on their shift. I parked my car in the garage before exiting it. I walked to the main hall quietly as I looked down at my phone for a second to check the time before walking up the large stair case. Everything was quiet I assumed that maybe they just planned on going somewhere, it was strange it was never this quiet. I stopped on the first flight of stairs looking up as the stairs continued to spiral on each floor leaving a gap until the length of the building stopped. I still heard nothing, I didn't bother with worrying about it as I continued to walk to the fourth floor, which was at the very top.

Opening my door I walked in turning on the lights, looking out the window I viewed the city I was just in once more before setting my bag on a couch in my room.

~

Only an hour later did I start hearing chatter again, I got up from my bed setting down the book I had been reading. I left my room walking straight in front of me to look down the stair railings, down on the first floor I could see they had just come in. I walked down the steps and met Ibuki on the first floor, everybody else had departed to their floors. "How long have you been here?" Ibuki asked walking over to me.

"Not long, where did you guys go?" I questioned, he had just removed his coat letting it rest on his forearm.

Ibuki walked over to the first slight of steps as I followed, "Another client," Ibuki answered, "Boss, is getting good at this."

I have a scoff, "You said there was nothing left to do today." I reminded him of the lie.

"I know, but I figured you needed to have time to yourself for once." Ibuki admitted with a small smile. I nodded at his answer, "Anyways, dinner will be ready shortly."

I gave a small sigh, it was normal for a gang to dine together but I grew to not like it as much as I used to. Ever since Louis became our boss dinners have been more dull, Louis didn't really say much and it annoyed me a lot, "I should probably change then." I said.

~

All of we're seated at the dinner table, I quickly realized that for some reason everyone seemed more up beat about everything, there was more chatter than normal and the oddest thing was is that Louis was talking with some of them. I was a bit late to dinner, I had just changed back into an outfit that fits the dress code. And then I noticed the table, it had different types of meat set on different platers before everyone. It almost looked as if they were celebrating about an accomplishment, I walked further into the dining room taking me seat.

There was a plate already set for me, "Nice of you to join us." Louis called me out as he had just averted his eyes to me the moment I did.

All I could do was return the look and offers a lousy apology to him, "I apologize, boss I lost track of time." I said with the smallest hint of an attitude I hoped he picked up on.

Louis did catch on to it and offered a small smirk before turning back to a conversation that had started with Ibuki, I stop myself from rolling my eyes and started to talk with Free who was seated to me left, "So, why's everyone so happy?" I asked as if Ibuki hadn't just told me earlier, it seemed he was missing some details.

Free who had witnessed the small talk between Louis and I looked over to me as I asked him the question, "He just made a deal with a really big client," Free began as he looked over to Louis for small moment who was still speaking with Ibuki, "Now, we're meant to be getting more income than normal."

I nodded with every sentence he spoke, "Explains the fancy dinner them," I said, "What did he want in return?" I asked as I took a small bite of the meat.