Chapter twenty-two

Ibuki knocked on Louis office requesting to come in, after a few moments Louis answered him allowing the lion to enter. Ibuki walked over to Louis desk as the deer had been looking at past files once more.

Ibuki began to speak soon after he entered. "There's been a loss in elephant tusks," Ibuki informed Louis as he was seated in his own office, Ibuki then set a stack of papers on Louis desk, the deer began to look into them as Ibuki sparked further more, "we're led to believe that someone has been stealing them all and selling them for their own personal uses. I'm not too sure exactly who, but we have a lead."

Louis was looking down at the paper the lion had given him that stated all the money they had lost due to the ivory going missing, "Have someone investigate it." he said to the lion.

Ibuki nodded, "(Y/n)'s looking into it, she's good at these kind of things." he added as he smiled a little bit in a reassuring way.

The deer smiled right then, "Well the case is in good hands then."

~

This doesn't make any sense, I had been reading over these files for hours and yet nothing has come to me. Then I needed to remind myself that my mind wasn't totally in the right place either, I was too busy thinking about other things than the problem at hand. With a sigh I flopped back into my bed starring up at the ceiling with boredom, I don't know what to do. Strange thing was, I was normally good at this. Doing my job.

But now she had been slacking off more than ever for a reason she didn't want to even think about, "All we know is that it's most likely a gazelle." I gave a small sigh again, I needed to work on this when I was ready for it. Besides the Shishigumi isn't losing that much money from it, its money that we can go some time without.

With that mindset I decided that the problem wasn't as big as everyone had made it out to be. I left the files opened on my bed as I continued to look up at the ceiling trying to make shapes from the texture on it. I stayed there for a moment longer but the moment I decided to begin working on it again my phone began to ring.

'Unknown number'

(Y/n) debated answering it, the call could be from anyone but after all if someone had her number and decided to call her, it must be important. She picked up the phone answering the call, holding it to her ear she spoke softly, "Hello?"

"You've made an awful mistake, (y/n)."
I recognized that voice anywhere, the toughness of it and how unfriendly the bear sounded whenever he spoke to me, I didn't say anything because I had nothing to say to him. (Y/n) kept her breathing steady as she waited for him to say something more. "If it wasn't for me you would have been dead already. But now, since you've made the decision to leave, you are fair game, your whole gang is."

I swallowed hard at his mentioning of the Shishigumi, "It's over and done with." (y/n) told him doing what she could to put a stop to it.

I heard a grunt from the other side of the phone, "I made a deal with the Chief Lion to protect and be allies with the Shishigumi, you just broke that truce two days ago."

"I didn't break any truce, simply because I left that position doesn't mean I don't want an alliance with your business." (Y/n) lied, her whole plan was to be rid of that place to never need to look back on those memories of killing herbivores and carnivores alike.

"You've just put yourself and the Shishigumi in some deep shit, wrong timing as well," The bear mentioned on the other end, (y/n) still struggles to keep her breathing at a good pace, "especially with a herbivore as your boss."

My heart froze a bit at that worst part was, I knew exactly what this bear and his team we capable of. "You won't touch our boss."

The bear scoffed at my comment, "It's not your place to order me around girl."