Part 34

Jin's Point of View

She seemed to be taken aback by my answer as I was to her question. There was a long, awkward pause as we gazed into each other's eyes.

For the longest time, I thought I had gotten over her but the day I saw her at the driveway. It gave me flashbacks of the first time I realized that I had fallen in love with her.

We were sixteen when I finally decided to tell her how I really felt about her. For the longest time, we had been bestfriends but I never made any move because I was scared that if anything happens, I'd lost my first best friend. It was at that exact drive way when I saw her waiting for me because we had a party to attend together. We always went to parties together but this time around, it felt different.

I remember it was golden hour; it was the last sunlight of the day. She was wearing a black gingham patterned short dress with black long sleeve t-shirt underneath it. She kept asking me to take photos so she could post it on her social media at that time.

"My god, do you even know how take photos? These angels are unflattering", she pouted while scrolling through her camera.

I chuckled and snatched the camera from her, "What do you mean? All these are nice photos okay. Why are you questioning my skills?"

She rolled her eyes and peeped through the photo from behind my shoulder, "I am not posting any of it. I look so damn ugly, Jin!"

I turned to her and my gaze wandered over her face. The golden sun did her porcelain skin a lot of justice. The wind was slowly blowing and I absent-mindedly brushed a strand of her hair from her face and gently stroked her cheek.

Our faces were just inches away and I could feel Ye-ji's heavy breathing as I slowly leaned over.

"If only you could see yourself through my eyes. You'd know how beautiful you look from all angles", I said to her.

Before I could say anything else, she gripped my neck and tilted her head.

That was our very first kiss.

I hadn't stopped thinking about it ever since.

Each time I passed by the driveway after the divorce, it stung my heart more than I thought it would and I resorted to moving my parents out of the house in the hopes that I'd forget about it but the day I saw Ye-Ji there, I started remembering our first kiss more vividly. I still remember how happy I felt after I knew how she really felt about me.

"Was it easy to get over me?", Ye-Ji suddenly spoke up.

I shook my head, "Don't think I ever did"

"What about the girls you dated after me?", she bluntly asked.

I took a long sigh, "I know.. I was in such a mess after you left but I was too damn proud to accept it. When I found out that you moved away, I fell into depression and only a few bunch of people knew about it. I tried looking for you when I was in London, I even got your address but I was too chicken shit to even knock on your door"

"Wh- what? You were there?", she stuttered.

I weakly nodded, "If I knew what was behind the door, I would've busted it open, Ye-Ji. I was an ass of a husband to you towards the end and it wasn't your fault. I was so angry at myself that I took it out at you. We were always sneaking around, we stopped having impromptu dates and for god's sake, Ye-Ji.. you didn't even get the wedding that you were dreaming off. You deserve those things and I was angry that I couldn't give you"

She rolled over and wiped the tears from her cheeks, she avoided any eye contact with me and I could hear her breathing heavily from the corner of the three seater sofa. I realized what I had done to her and I thought it was unfair to put her in this position again. So, I knelt in front of her to let her face me.

"Where does this leave us, Jin? This is not how exes act with each other", said Ye-Ji.

I smiled at her as my hand found her wrist, "Not if the exes are still in love with each other. But Ye-Ji, if you think moving to London is the best thing for you and Ar-"

"Kiss me", she cut me mid-sentence and I did.

The kiss this time was different than the other two that we had after our divorce, we were kissing like our lives depended on it. It was nothing like I had ever experienced and I suddenly understood why people describe kissing as melting because every square inch of my body dissolved into hers.