Part 18

Jin's Point of View

After we got home, I sat at the balcony overlooking the city. It was quiet; I could hear the occasional sirens and the sound of the wind and that was it. I sat there quietly and in my head, the image of Ara kept on replaying.

'She looked like me', I thought to myself.

But it can't be.. Ye-Ji won't hide something like these from me.

I was deep in my thoughts when Yoongi slid the door behind me and asked if he could sit next to me. I nodded.

"Penny for your thoughts?", he asked as he took a sip of his beer.

I shook my head.

He started doing small talks with me and I guess that was the right thing to do because ever since Ye-Ji came back, things had been quiet awkward between us. Even with these small talks, Yoongi didn't look like he was in the right place. I knew something was in his mind.

"Do you have something to tell me?", I asked.

He took a deep breath and chugged the rest of his beer, "Remember the girl that you saw the other day? The one that I told you that was her niece"

I slowly nodded, "Yep, that was Ara right?"

He took the longest pause and looked at me apologetically.

"That's your daughter"

I dropped the bottle as soon as I heard Yoongi's response. I looked at him in disbelief, trying to find some hints of joke but he looked dead serious, and partially concern with the way I reacted.

"How did yo-", I stopped.

"Why didn't she tell me?", I shakily asked him.

His brows furrowed at my response, "Do you remember the amount of times you told her that you didn't want kids?"

My heart dropped.

"You have a daughter, hyung. Ye-Ji never wanted you to know about her but I've seen the kid, I've seen how she idolizes you. I know I am not in any position to tell you anything. I even made a promise to her but that kid deserves a father. No matter how much of an asshole he can be to the mother", Yoongi said as left the balcony.

I was puzzled with the whole thing and then I remembered that I took a photo with Ara and I started to carefully examining the photo. She had my features; from the pouty lips, to her chubby cheeks. In that photo, both of us were doing peace sign. She even had my crooked fingers.

"Hey..", I heard Taehyung's voice from behind.

He saw the photo that I was looking at, "I guess Yoongi must've told you about Ara"

I took a look at the photo again and felt tears were welling up.

"Jin-hyung, are you going to talk to Ye-Ji?", he softly asked.

I nodded, "How long have you known about Ara?"

Taehyung shrugged, "Not too long ago but I think Yoongi found out ever since she came back"

Ye-Ji's Point of View

I ran to my house when Eun Jung got a hold of Jin and I was glad that the call happened because god knows what would've happened to us.

I didn't know what I expected out of it.

Was I expecting for him to suddenly become Ara's father, just because he now knows the truth?

I had no idea.

I went straight into my room and cried my eyeballs out. My heart was at its heaviest and it felt like the tears won't stop coming down.

Text Message

Yoongi - I am sorry.
Ye-Ji - Not your fault. I knew what I was doing at the concert. I wanted him to find out but I wasn't ready for the outcome.
Yoongi - Want us to come over?
Ye-Ji - It's okay. I think Jin is still here.

I stopped texting Yoongi when I heard footsteps were creeping at the front of my bedroom door. It was my mother and behind her was a distraught looking Jin. She ushered Jin into the room and closed the door as she walked out of the room.

I was sitting at the edge of my bed and gave him an apologetic look.

"I thought Eun Jung was looking for you", I said.

Jin slowly walked to my direction and then he kneeled in front of me. He gave both of my knees a gentle squeeze and rested his forehead on it.

"I am sorry that I was such a horrible person to you", he weakly said.

I kept quiet for the longest time and then I could hear Jin sobbing again but this time, his cries didn't sound sad, it was more to disappointment.

"I don't know how to make up to both of you, Ye-Ji.... Is there any way I could fix this?", he said in between tears.

I gently rubbed the back of his head to soothe him and could hear his heaving breathing, he was getting calmer. Not hysterical like before.

I took a deep breath and replied, "I don't know, Jin.. I've wanted to tell you for the longest time but I never figured out how to tell Ara about you"

Jin slowly stood up and sat next to me.

"I have so many questions, Ye-Ji but at the moment, I just want to know how to go from here"

"Jin, just because you know about her.. doesn't mean that you have to be involved. I already knew from the start that you didn't want k-"

He cut me off by saying, "Yes, Ye-Ji. I remember what I said but it doesn't mean I'd abandon you if I knew you were carrying our baby."

Our baby.

The atmosphere was quiet again because none of us knew what to say to each other.

"May I know what's her name?", he slowly asked.

I stood up and went to the file cabinet to look for her birth certificate. Once I got a hold of it, I passed it to Jin. He carefully examined the paper and looked at me with gleaming eyes.

"Kim A-Ra? She took after my surname?"

"Of course, Jin. She's after all your daughter"