Part 9

Ye-Ji's Point of View

"Mummy, are we going to meet any of the BTS members anytime soon?", Ara said while eating her pancakes.

My parents looked at me, "Ara why don't you finish your breakfast and then we can go to the park together"

I mouthed 'Thank you' to my mum because after that, she quickly finished her breakfast and made her way to the living room.

It had been 4 days since I woke up in Jin's bed and I remember everything that happened that night. I know Jin kissed my forehead. I know that I asked him to sleep next to me. It shouldn't mean anything but I was kind of expecting Jin would contact me after what happened but nothing. Until now. Yoongi assumed that we slept with each other and I had to tell him a million of times that it didn't happen.

"Your things from London just arrived. How many things did you decide to bring back home?", my dad said as he pointed the boxes that were at the door.

I chuckled before running to the boxes.

"I don't even remember when I shipped this out! Can you look after Ara while I bring this back into my room?", I asked my dad.

After moving all the boxes to my room, Ara joined in to unpack some of her toys.

"Mummy, can I open any of the boxes?", Ara asked.

I nodded, "Let me know which one, I'll cut it for you okay?"

She pointed to one of the smaller boxes and I just cut it for her.

I was going thru the stuff when Ara suddenly shouted for me.

"Why do you have a photo with Kim Seokjin?", she asked.

I snatched the photo from her hand and looked at it.

The photo was a bit tattered torn and it was taken the night he proposed to me. It was me sitting on his lap and flashing my ring finger. Boy, did we look happy.

Okay, I gotta answer calmly to make sure she won't have any more questions.

"Oh, before they were famous, they had fan meetings like this. I was one of the lucky ones."

Ara took back the photo and carefully studied it. Then she took a long pause.

"Do you think they are going to have fan meeting like this? I'd love to take a photo with them"

I let out a small laugh and said, "Ara, you are three. Why do you like them so much?"

"Because they make me happy, mummy. Don't they make you happy?"

Gulped.

"S-s-sure", I stuttered answered her question.

I didn't remember packing that box before coming back to Seoul because the box had been sealed right after we got a divorce. The box was filled with little trinkets from our relationship; photos, letters and of course, my wedding ring.

I stopped rummaging through the box and asked Ara to play outside since I wanted to see what else I got in the box. I was going through the old letters that he used to send to me when he was just a trainee and also some of our wedding photos.

Then I heard a knock, it was my mother.

"Ara told me she found a photo of Seokjin", my mum while sitting next to me.

I just kept quiet while looking at the things inside of the box and found an unopened letter. It was written for him.

"Why is it unopened?", she asked.

"I wrote this after I found out about Ara but never got the nerve to send it", I replied.

"I still do not understand why but I-"

I took a long sigh and said, "He never wanted kids"