Part 29

Ye-Ji's Point of View

"Mummy, do you think I can see appa soon? I want to give him this", Ara said while showing me her completed family tree. 

It had been a week since I told her about Jin and it also had been a week plus since I last spoke to Jin ever since her school fiasco. Ara had been missing him quite a lot and she had been referring to Jin as her appa to people. 

I completely blocked Jin from contacting me and he tried coming here but thank goodness each time he came, I was out with Ara and I asked my mother to make it very clear to him that I did not want to see him until everything was sorted.

I took a glance at Ara's family tree artwork and then I looked back at my computer screen.

'House for Rent in London'

'Job Seekers - London'

I looked back at Ara and gave her a weak smile while she was explaining her family tree to me.

"Mummy and appa got married and had me!", she said with the biggest smile on her face.

"Do you want to give this to him?", I asked her.

Her eyes gleamed as soon as she heard my question, "Really, mummy? Can we give this to him?"

I nodded, "You can but you gotta do one for mummy first. Is that okay with you? Once that's done, we can pass it to him. Deal?"

She quickly agreed and ran off to her room. 

I was still contemplating about moving to London. If it was up to me, we would be on our first flight there but since Ara knew about Jin, I thought it wouldn't be fair for me to disappear into thin air again but honestly, I wasn't sure where all these are going. Even if the whole Eun Jung thing didn't happen, were we getting back together? I had so many unresolved issues with Jin but all those feelings disappeared after I saw how in love Jin was with Ara but my heart felt heavy carrying all these. 

I was so lost in my thoughts that when I heard loud knocks on my door, I jumped out of my seat. 

It was Jin.

He stood by my door as if he was waiting for him to invite him in but I just stared at him, I was not expecting to see him and I made it very clear.

"Your father let me in", he slowly said as he entered my room. 

Here he was standing in front of me, making me feel things that I had long forgotten. He stood there, just looking at me with his twinkling eyes. I was angry at him for all the bad things that were happening but as soon as I saw him, those feelings melted away. 

At that moment, I knew I was falling back in love.. and I hated the fact that he knew about it too because the moment he saw me trembling, he quickly pulled me into a hug.

I was suddenly overwhelmed by all these feelings that I didn't know I had in me; I was angry, happy, relieved, disappointed all at the same time.

"I'm so sorry, if there's any other way that I could fix this. Please te-", he stopped.

I was puzzled and then I realized he was looking at my computer screen.

Fuck, I didn't close the tabs.

"Damn it, Ye-Ji. Were you planning to move again without telling me?", he asked while pointing at the computer screen.

I slammed my laptop closed, "No", I lied.

"Then what were you doing finding new job in London? Were you planning to run away with OUR daughter, again?"

And that was it, I blew up. 

"You think I wanna do this Jin? Do you even know how much it hurts that I have to go through this shit again and even worse, there are people out there who are just waiting for the right moment to bully me into oblivion? I lost my job, Jin. Ara couldn't go to school and my parents can't even do their morning walks just because of all these.", I yelled, my voice was on the verge of breaking

"Ye-Ji, I am trying. Don't you see that I am doing everything that I can to make sure all of you are safe? Do you know how worried sick I get each morning because I was scared that some news would come up with sick headline about me because I know that would jeopardize you and Ara? I was not a good husband to you, I know but I am doing everything that I can to be the best person for you and Ara. Why are you so stubborn to the point where you can't see I am doing all these for you?", he calmly said to me, even though he was just seconds away from blowing up. 

"Because I am still angry at you, Jin! You let me go so easy back then...", I cried.

"Mummy.... appa?", we suddenly heard Ara's voice from behind the door and she slowly opened it.

I quickly wiped my tears away with my sleeves and Jin did the same. 

"What did you just call me?", Jin asked, just realizing what Ara called him.