𝕕𝕒𝕥𝕖 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥

Karl has me blindfolded and we are driving down the road. He told me I wasn't allowed to see where we were going but he held my hand the whole way to make sure I didn't panic from being blindfolded. We had already been on the road for about 45 minutes when we finally came to a stop.

"We're here," he says giggling.

"Can I take this stupid blindfold off yet?"

"Absolutely not, I'm coming over to help you out of the car."

I sighed and waited for him to come around to my door. When he finally did, he opened the door and grabbed my hand pulling me out.

We started walking and I felt my feet hit a sort of softer ground before we stopped.

"Close your eyes while I take the blindfold off." I could hear the smile in his voice.

He took the blindfold off once he knew for sure I had my eyes closed. I still had my eyes closed but as soon as he said to open, my eyes darted open faster than ever. I squealed when I saw where we were.

"Karl! You remembered."

Awhile back I had mentioned to him how I always wanted to go to a fair because I never got to go with my mom because she passed away the same year she promised to take us. Well here we are, a fair.

"I'd never forget," he smiled, "and I brought this for us so we can always have memories."

He pulls out a polaroid camera from behind his back with 50 films. I ran and jumped into his arms. He picked me up and spun around before carefully setting me back down on the ground.

"What do you say we go enjoy the night love?"

"I'd love to," I grab his hand.

2 hours later...

About 2 hours into the night, we had already taken 40 pictures on the camera and went on all the rides at least once. He even won me another stuffed animal. This time it was a monkey stuffed animal.

We were gonna get ready to go home soon but Karl wanted to make one more stop while we were there. I wasn't sure where exactly he was taking me but I didn't feel like questioning it so I grabbed his hand and followed close by.

Before I knew it, we were far away from the fair and out in an empty lot with lights strung up and flowers around a blanket laid out on the ground. A picnic.

"Oh my gosh, Karl, this is beautiful!" I hugged him.

"Nothings as beautiful as you." He kissed the tip of my nose before guiding me to the blanket.

"Before we eat," he started, "I want you to have this."

He pulled a ring out of his pocket, but not an engagement ring, a promise ring.

"Y/n, we may not be dating yet but I'm giving this to you because I promise for the rest of my life to love you with my whole heart and even if I can't be around because I live somewhere else, I'll still be with you

"Y/n, we may not be dating yet but I'm giving this to you because I promise for the rest of my life to love you with my whole heart and even if I can't be around because I live somewhere else, I'll still be with you."

I started crying. I love this kid so much. He was my first love and now I hope he'll be my last.

I scooted over to him and gave him a hug before letting him put it on my finger. After he did, I kissed him. He pulled me closer to him and kissed me back. This went on for a little bit before we realized we had forgotten about the food.

He shifted me so I was sitting next to him and then we started eating.

A little while later we finished and Karl packed everything up so we could go home. He helped me up off the ground and we walked back to the car.

45 minutes later...

We arrived home after awhile and grabbed everything out of the car before quietly walking inside. All the lights were off so I guessed everyone was sleeping seeing they had an early flight.

Once we got up to my room I told Karl he needed to get changed into pajamas and go to bed so he wouldn't miss his flight. He was a little whiny about it but ended up listening.

While he went to get changed I got changed too. I put on a frog onesie and put my hair into a messy braid then set a pair of comfy clothes out for in the morning so me and Alex could take them to the airport.

Before I knew it, Karl was coming back to my room. He ran through the door and picked me up before throwing me on the bed and jumping on top of me.

"Karl," I whined, "go to bed."

"Make me," he smirked.

That was the wrong thing to say to me. I flipped him over so I was on top of him and laid down.

"Now you can't move so go to bed." I smiled.

"Ugh fine," he pouted.

I had the alarm set for 5 because their flight was at 7 and it was already after 12. Looks like we weren't gonna get much sleep after all.