11|: Changing Things

For the next couple of weeks, Isla successfully managed to avoid and ignore her roommates and brother.

As for Riven, she was fucking livid. After scrolling on her phone for hours while getting high off the deep end, he had been having threesomes with that first-year dean- or whatever and that ogre Beatrix. So as a result, she got fucked up with a tequila bottle she nicked off some third year.

"Shit- this is why I don't mix," Isla groaned as she stumbled into the washroom for a cold shower. Once she was done she threw on a robe and headed back to her room.

As she stumbled back into her room she bumped into something on the way to her bed. It was a little past 10pm so it was pretty dark.

"Jesus, Isla watch where your headed!!" Stella cried.

"Oh shit, my bad," Isla chuckled still trying to focus her blurry vision on the talk blonde.

"Good god! What have u been eating?! Your breath is livid!!" Stella grimaced as she got a nasty whiff of Islas vodka and marijuana breath.

Isla put her finger up to defend herself but lost sight of her balance and began to fall forward.

"Jesus, okay let's get you to the bed." Stella grabbed ahold of her and brought Isla to her bed.

Stella undid the covers and slowly tucked Isla into bed. For the most part, Stella was quite surprised that Isla was a tidy person. She had all her school books and things neat on her desk. And she's never left a single piece of clothing laying around.

"Gosh, why do you do this to yourself? Something goes wrong and you get fucked up to near death! It's not healthy, Isla." Stella ranted as she plopped down on her own bed.

"Well what do you expect for me to do, huh? You think I like to face my problems head on? Please, I avoid that shit like the plague."

"Well it's something a sane person would do." Stella snickered back.

"Do I look even remotely sane to you, Stels." Isla said back, mocking Stellas nickname.

"Yeah, I don't know why I said that either." Stella chuckled.

Isla looked away from her and up towards the ceiling. Stella was right. She wasn't healthy. Mentally, that is.

Stella watched Isla in silence. Even though she loathed the girl, she still cared for her. Isla was Skys baby sister, so she always had a little bit of sympathy for her.

"I'm going to be your sponsor." Isla shocked to hear Stella's voice after so long of silence was shocked, and jumped.

"I'm sorry, be my what?"

"Your sponsor. Someone who makes sure you don't relapse, and helps you make the right decisions."

Isla laughed at the idea. As if Stella could care enough to go through with that.

"Okay, but your acting as if I want to quit." Isla said sourly.

"But don't you want to? Don't you feel the need to stop? To prioritize your health? I mean do you not think about everyone whose worried for you?" Stella said now standing up from her bed.

"No, because no usually is," Stella was stunned by Islas bitter words.

"Everyone is so busy worrying and acting on other problems that they don't really focus too much on what i'm doing. That's why I get away with everything. Because i'm not a first priority to anyone." Stella opened her mouth to say one thing but all that came out was a exhale of air.