𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣;

𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐭 was going by slow, maybe like it even stopped, the world stood still at this moment. Fleur's scream was muffled by my hearing. "No! No!" Harry yells, securing Cedric's body. "Tell me what happened!" Dumbledore asks. "He's back! He's back! Voldemort's back!" Harry warns. "Cedric, he asked us to bring his body back. We couldn't leave him, not there!" "It's all right, Harry. It's all right, he's home, the three of you are." Dumbledore responds. "The body must be moved, Dumbledore, there are too many people!" Fudge whispers. "Let me through!" Cedric's Dad shouts. "That's my son! That's my boy!" "Let me through!" I hear Elijah yell. "You must stay in your seat-" McGonagall tries reasoning. "It's my sister over there!" he spits. She sighs and eventually lets him through. "Eve." he rushes to my side. Moody drags up Harry and they move away, I felt like I was going to pass out any minute, no one had seen my eye yet. "Eve, come on." I finally look up, my side-fringe moving revealing my slashed eye, everyone gasped and covered their mouths. "Eli..." I breathe. I flop to the ground and black out, that was the last thing I saw, until...

***

𝐌𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐞 𝐞𝐲𝐞 𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐬, and I vastly look around. I was in the hospital wing. I try touching my eye, but it was covered by a bandage, good riddance, I didn't want to see the ugly thing anyway, this was now a part of me. "Good, you're awake." Madame Pomfrey softly speaks. "How long have I been out?" I ask, noticing the daylight shining though the windows. "Two days and a half." she says. "Where's Elijah?" I ask remembering my last memory. "...Nathan, Luna, Ginny, Hermione, Ron... Harry!" "They're all fine... understandingly in shock about it all." she sighs. "Harry stayed here for days, we persuaded him to leave and clean himself, I haven't seen him since." "Can I see him?" I question. "They're all heading down to the Great Hall to pay their respects to Cedric." she informs. "Do you think I will be okay to go?" I murmur. "I'm sure you will, I'm all done now, would you like me to go down with, in case you need support." she suggests.

"Yes, please." I nod. She helps me stand, I wobble a little, but steady myself. We get downstairs slowly and carefully, making sure I don't fall down the stairs. "Are you ready?" she asks. I take in a deep breath of air and she opens the door, the eyes of the students were on me now instead of Dumbledore. I brush my hair over my bandage, even though this is a permanent thing. I see my group of friends and slug over to them, me head down. People were whispering among themselves. I stand next to Harry and he engulfs me in a hug. "I thought I was going to lose you." he sobs. "I've still got some years left in me." I smile a little. "Moody wasn't who he said he was, he was using a Polyjuice Potion." he informs me. ...That's why he was so dodgy. "He was Mr. Crouch's son." Holy shit!

"Now we are all here." Dumbledore begins, I stand straight and bow my head. "Today we acknowledge a really terrible loss. Cedric Diggory was as you all know, exceptionally hard working, intricately fair minded. And most importantly... a fierce, fierce friend. I think therefore you have the right to know exactly how he died. You see, Cedric Diggory was murdered by Lord Voldemort. The Ministry of Magic does not wish me to tell you this." That was the name I was dreading to hear. "But not to do so I think would be an insult to his memory. Now, the pain we all feel at this dreadful loss reminds me, reminds us that while we may come from different places and speak in different tongues, our hearts beat as one. In light of recent events the bonds of friendship we made this year will be more important than ever. Remember that and Cedric Diggory will not have died in vain, you remember that. And we'll celebrate a boy who was kind and honest and brave and true right to the very end."

Harry was trying to hold back tears, in fact, everyone was trying to fight tears... apart from me. I guess I've wasted enough tears. "You are dismissed." Everyone slowly moves out and all of my friends began coming up and hugging me. "We thought we would never see you again." Ron frowns. "I'd never let you guys go a day without looking at my beautiful face." I grin, trying to find the light in the situation. I had the chance to look at Harry's face, he was drained... completely drained, dark circles under his eyes, sleepy eyes, a little messed up hair. "Never leave me." he pleads. "I will never leave you, buttercup." I promise, kissing his lips. "I don't know how I would live without my other half." Hermione sobs. "I've told you all before... the only time I'd leave you is for a twelve layered chocolate cake." I giggle. "Preach!" Kanis cheers. "That's so true." Caitlin nods.