Chapter 21: The truth

This is a work of Fictions. Any names, places, stories, or events are fictitious. Please kindly understand that i am just an mere amateur writer. Thank you.

A Vote is very much appreciated.

~~~~~~~~

Chloe's POV

It's been a few days since that dinner thing with Kyle's parent. I thought nothing was wrong but after we left, that night, Kyle recieved a call from General Matt. I know who was calling because i was holding her phone that time. After she answered, things started to change and Kyle felt a little distant lately.

Before, she would let me sleep first as she would cuddle me and i would wake up in her warm arms around me or that warm breakfast smell in the morning. Her sweet demeanor and gestures. Now it's not like that...

When i come over it's either she's busy, asleep or heading out. When we sleep together, i would wake up right in the middle of the night and she's gone. She doesn't make her moves on me anymore and when we're together she's either murmuring to herself or on her phone. The others also noticed and even the twins doesn't know what was going on.

Like today, it's saturday and we're supposed to hang out together but i received a text from her, saying she'll be gone and we'll see each other at school.

Still though, whenever we're at school she'll be called out. It doesn't make sense anymore.

"What's with Kyle lately?" My sister asked as we waited for our driver since Kyle hasn't been picking me up. Not like i told her to, but she used to do that.

"I also don't know." i replied.

"She's acting strange. Really strange and suspicious" my sister said already plotting a plan to corner her.

"Rose, your plotting on a soldier who clearly has more experience and more knowledgeable than us. I'm sure she's gonna talk soon." I said placing my hope on her.

"But there's a possibility that when she talk, it's already too late" my sister added just as the car arrived.

We were heading home and it felt lonely when things used to be eventful.

. . .

I thought i was seeing things when we arrived home. It was Kyle's car parked right at our driveway.

"I'm bot seeing things, am i?" I asked my sister.

"That means your seeing it too and that also means we're not seeing things" she answered. I got off the car quickly and even checked the plate to see if it was really hers, and it was. I hurried inside and looked around but there was no Kyle in the leaving room. Then i heard laughter right in the kitchen.

I took my time walking there, wishing it was real. Upon arriving there, i saw Kyle sitting by the stool beside dad, and infront of mom who was taking out her newly baked cookies.

"Oh Rose, finally you're here" i heard mom said when Rose just entered the kitchen and i hid.

"Where's your sister?" Asked Kyle.

"Oh i don't know, she probably doesn't want to see you" my sister replied.

"Oh..." i heard Kyle's sad reaction.

"Rose! That's rude. I'm sure Chloe wants to see you too. She just probably has something to do" dad said.

I sighed to myself. It's true i missed her so much but to just suddenly not tell what's going on? I'm hurt. Because it feels like she couldn't trust me.