I shrugged. "I'd wait longer," I told him, and it was true.

He picked up the plant, examining it with a smile, before meeting my eyes again. "Thank you, I love it." He sat it down on the nightstand, before pulling the book out from under the pillow. He looked at the cover, and then the page I was on, still smiling as he said, "What made you choose this one?"

"The cover looked worn, like you'd read it more than once," I admitted, "so I thought it must be good."

"It is," he said, putting it down again by the plant, careful not to lose the page I was on. "It was better the second time around, actually."

He looked at me, took me in, scanning my practically naked torso with pure delight in his eyes. Then he sighed, grimaced even, when there was a knock on the door, and Jesse's voice came through it. "What the fuck are you doing in there, beating some meat? Hurry up!"

"Bad night to surprise you?" I asked, biting my lip.

He nodded. "Yeah," he breathed to me, leaning down to kiss my lips, before shouting at the door, "Just another few minutes!"

Thinking that we could do a lot in a few minutes, I giggled, before putting my hand over my mouth to stifle the sound, but it was already blown. "Who the fuck was that?!" The door burst open before Jesse was done shouting, and I scrambled to quickly cover myself up with the checkered bedding, giggling even more now, as my cheeks turned red.

"Don't just barge in here, dumbass! She could've been naked!" Helix growled, pulling up his pillow and chucking it right at our nosey friend.

I kept laughing, it was hard not to.

"I just heard a girl, how was I supposed to know it was Livy?" Jesse defended, shielding himself with his arm as Helix picked up another pillow. "If anything, you should be grateful! Both of you! Because I didn't hesitate for a second when I thought there was another girl in here, despite the mental scars I'd get!"

"Get out!" Helix growled, throwing the second pillow towards him. When he was out and the door shut, he groaned, looking down at me with a mix of frustration and lust shining in his eyes. "I wish I didn't have to go," he said, leaning down to kiss me again. "Please, please, please do this again sometime, baby."

I smiled and nodded; a silent promise. "Where are you going?"

He grimaced. "Vulture stuff," he sighed.

"I can help."

"In that?" He grinned as he looked over my body under him again.

I pushed him, chuckling a little, before making my voice a little more serious to say, "I didn't come wearing only this, Helix."

His eyes narrowed at me. "Say my name like that again," he purred, leaning down towards me.

"Like what?"

"Like you're strict," he explained, staring into my eyes, before groaning. "Actually, don't," he said, leaning down to kiss me again, before he got out of the bed. "It'd just take way longer for me to get out of here. Get dressed and meet me downstairs, if you wanted to come, grab one of my jackets from the closet."

"Yours this time?" I looked at him as I sat up, arching a brow.

"This time you're mine as well, so it doesn't matter," he said, winking at me before he walked over to the desk, roamed around in a drawer and found what he was looking for when he came in, and blew me a kiss before walking out. As he did I heard Jesse cackle in the hallway, and he growled some words I wasn't sure I wanted to hear if I could, before I got up from his bed, pulled the robe off and got dressed.