Chapter 4. Stay Safe.

Stay safe.

    As the week progressed that’s all I could remember. Every time someone said one of the to words I would turn around to see if a person was speaking to me, no one ever was.

    “A!!O!!CHEERIO!!!” That’s what I said every time I walked into the house to let my parents, parent, know that I was home. Mom was always the one to respond. Dad never did, and to this day never does. Its like living in a house with someone who doesn’t speak.

    “Breeze…”

    The voice. The voice! What the?

    “What do you want?”

    “Stay safe. He’s closer then you think, he’s goin-“

    The voice was cut off. Everything was cut off. I was sent into a world of nothing and yet everything. Where you fear something and yet you don’t. It felt like I was flying. The faster I went the more sky their was. The more I feared something the less I feared it as well. I understood everything and understood nothing. Simple yet complex.

    Thud. That’s how it sounded like when I hit the mirror. It was big. Huge, ginormous! Bigger then the sky. Taller than the world. I stood transfixed.

    “Look.” A voice murmured.

    The voice sounded, strange. But then like everything in this realm it was familiar. The voice also sounded like it wasn’t use to being disobeyed. That made me angry.

    “What makes you think that I’ll listen to you.” I questioned.

    I couldn’t see the face. Who was behind me?

    “You want to know who I am? What would you say if I was Freddy?”

    This person likes to play games. I smiled to myself. Two can play.

    “I know two can play.”

    Ahh the voice reads minds…

    “Only one’s that are open…” His tone changed.

    “What do you mean only ones that are open?” I asked.

    “The mind is a complex system. If I find the right door, push or pull, it will open. If it’s the wrong door the person will get a sense that I’m their. Then I will have to sneak around the persons mind and keep on going till I find the right door. If I don’t find the right door quick enough then I’m shot out of the persons head and sent flying.”

    I turned around. Their was nothing their.

    “I can also make myself invisible to the human mind. Your eyes see me, your brains just not processing it.”

    When the voice stopped I could tell that it was male.

    “So if I was to picture something in my mind that would appear?” I said my voice slow and confused.

    “You’d be the first to try.” He said.

    “Well, looks like I’m trying.” Turning around to face the mirror I started to picture a male. He was about 6 feet tall. Green eyes, though now bright green. The green people mistake for blue. He wore a black shirt, long sleeved shirt and regular pants. He was very muscular and has blondish brownish hair. Simple and quick he looked like he should be in the military.

    “Wow, your mind has a lot of details.”

    I stopped, can he see what I was picturing?

    “Yes.” He said. Closer then last time.

    “Uhm…” The picture vanished.

    “Your mind didn’t hold it. You didn’t want to know what you were going to see. That would be confessing something. Am I right?” He sounded quizzical.

    “No…I don’t know. How would I know!” I exclaimed.

    “Only you can see what you want to see. If you don’t want to see it then you won’t.”

    Why is he questioning me like this. I want to see if but it just vanished. Its not my fault. At least I don’t think it was my fault. I could see in the mirror that my reflection was changing. Wait no that wasn’t my reflection. It was another persons. When I looked at the reflection it was all fuzzy. When I didn’t look at the reflection it was clear.

    In the distance came a rumble. It didn’t sound like the rumble of a storm, more like the rumble of a car. What is a car doing here of all places. All of a sudden the car hits the mirror and the mirror shatters.

    I awoke with a start. What was that and where did it come from.

    “HONEY!! YOU OK!”  dads voice came as a scream.

    “Yes, yes I am ok.” Though I was not I decided not to tell him. I had to figure out what the dream was, and what it meant.