9. The Worst Day Since Yesterday

I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river and it made me complete

"Chris Keller!?" Peyton is looking at Brooke in disbelief, Brooke is sitting on the sofa surrounded by Haley, Isabelle, Madison, and Peyton. Brooke nods her head through her tears, she had told the girls about her night with Chris Keller and how Colin had walked in and found them in bed together.

"And Colin actually saw?" Haley asks her and once more Brooke nods her head.

"Whoa! Chris Keller? Chris Keller?" Isabelle then asks looking shooked

"Stop saying his name!" Brooke pleads with her friends

"I don't understand what happened – when Nathan and I left, you were like, pushing him out the door," Haley says

"I know, I know, I don't know. We were... we were drinking and I was feeling really lonely and I was really upset and I tried calling Colin but he didn't answer his phone and Chris came out of the bathroom, um he was just so nice to me and he said my clothes were inspired" Brooke rambles on and Haley narrows her eyes looking a bit confused.

"Chris Keller said that?" she asks Brooke

"Actually he might have said my shirt made his pants feel tight" Isabelle and Peyton looked away in disgust while Madison sat on the other sat just staring at Brooke in shock.

"Oh god, I told you guys, I was-I was drinking but he said a lot of other things and..." Brooke trails off as she turns to look at Haley who was giving her a sympathetic look. "Haley, don't look at me like that. You know how charming he can be!" Peyton and Isabelle try to not to laugh at that and they stop once they see the look Haley gave them before she turned her attention back to Brooke with a tight smile. 

"Hey, he didn't, um,...  he didn't... sing to you, did he?" Haley asked with a forceful laugh, Brooke blinks for a moment before she almost starts crying again.

"Oh my god, you guys, I'm a groupie!" Brooke cries out

"Okay, have you talked to Colin?" Isabelle asks her

"He won't answer my calls... and, I mean, I'm not gonna leave a pathetic apology on his answering machine!" Brooke says and Haley looks away, Brooke realizes that's exactly what Haley had done.

"I'm sorry," she says

"Hmm" Haley answers back 

"Sorry," Brooke says once more but Haley hasn't taken offense, Brooke sighs deeply. "Colin's never gonna want to talk to me again" she sniffs out and then there is a knock on the door. Brooke's face holds some hope as she jumps up to answer it but it sours right away as she's face to face with Chris Keller.

"Chris Keller always springs for breakfast," he says as he holds a box of donuts, Brooke gives him a sour look just as the others girls rush over to the door and Chris's eyes bounce on all five of the girls. "Ohh... you've company," He says before looking down at the donuts. "Well, I guess we'll have to share" he continues. Brooke scruffs and snatches the box of donuts from him and Haley slams the door in his face. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isabelle and Peyton decided to take Brooke out of the apartment and they were walking along the riverwalk. 

"Why are you making me walk?" Brooke asks the girls with a sad look

"You need to clear your head. Leave the scene of the crime" Peyton says and Brooke just scuffs a bit