chapter 9

One look at Taehyung's teary eyes had Jungkook surrendering, letting the mortal on his bed.

Jungkook resigned himself to a sleepless night. He closed his eyes, letting his mind wander aimlessly as he tried to block out Taehyung's scent. He smells like his shampoo, his detergent because of his hoodie... Taehyung smells like him and funny how such a familiar scent makes Jungkook even more restless.

Then it occurred to him. Is Taehyung making all these requests because he knows Jungkook wouldn't say no?

The little brat. Well, his little brat, Jungkook proudly thinks.

Jungkook groaned internally. He's a goner, isn't he?

Then Jungkook feels Taehyung pulling at his fingers and putting his palm in his before making a pleased sound that the most important person in his life is beside him and then relaxes, drifting off to sleep. It sent a warm feeling straight to his heart.

Yep, he's a goner.

That was Jungkook's last thought and he didn't fight it, falling asleep quicker than he thought he would.

When Jungkook woke up the next day, he didn't expect Taehyung to get even more clingy. It was as if the mortal had realised this was the perfect moment to go back to how it was two years ago and grasped the chance tightly in his grip.

It was inevitable that Taehyung occupied the chair in the study frequently again, talked about his day in the car, Jungkook's only condition that it is to be in English, and had Jungkook go along on painting trips during the weekends.

It was also a matter of time that Taehyung graduated from high school with flying colours and spent the last weekend with Jungkook before he moved into the university dormitory.

The river stream was cool to the touch, Taehyung standing in it with his shoes and socks off and his pants rolled up. Jungkook tried not to stare at his calves. What is he? A man from the Victorian era drooling over bare skin? Pride looks down on himself sometimes.

"Kookie," Taehyung called and had Jungkook's full attention on him in an instant, as always,"so many things have changed, huh? It's been fifteen years since all of you had entered my life when I was orphaned and taken care of me till now and..."

Taehyung drew a deep breath before confessing, "it's been three years since I've liked you."

It's funny how two years ago he only had the courage to whisper his confession to a sleeping man but after the recent incident, he had realised how deeply Jungkook had cared for him with his actions.

Whether Jungkook reciprocated his feelings or not, he was certain Jungkook would never leave his side.

And like two years ago, Jungkook's heart leaped at the words. His blood rushed and his pulse pounded in his ears, but Jungkook stopped himself.

Pride sighed, "how do you know that it's not familial love? You are young. You should meet more people in university, see if your feelings for me are what you think it is."

Another reason why Jungkook never acted on his, because Taehyung might just be confused and he doesn't want to take advantage of that. His feelings and ego would never allow it.

Surprisingly, Taehyung agrees, "so if I'm sure of my feelings after, hmm...a year, I can kiss you?"

Taehyung's gaze was pure and determined, and Jungkook, willingly enslaved since fifteen years ago, replied, "yes."

That day by the river, Pride promised his mortal what he wanted in a hopeful whisper.

One year later

Taehyung puts down his duffel bag on the couch and walks up the stairs. It is good to be home for the holidays.

His fingers tap on the smooth banister, his grip sure, and arrives at the study. Taehyung opens the door.

"Kookie?"

Pride raised his head to look at the mortal in front of him. Taehyung had grown a little taller, a bit more tanned, and was even more dazzling when he last saw him.

Taehyung walked towards Jungkook, who couldn't look away as if he was spellbound.

His smile never once dropping, Taehyung cupped Jungkook's face in his hands and kissed him on the lips.

The end

- a/n -

Please don't learn from Hoseok and Jimin, they kinda have their own morals which are not recommended 😅

Next (and final?) update: bonus chapter