Chapter 37: Oh Boy!

Start from the beginning

I return to the audience in my room. I don't indulge into the conversations but find myself thinking of what Jai might do to take his revenge. I know he won't sit silent now and I don't want to give him the pleasure of winning this time.

The utter silence in my room breaks my chain of thoughts and everyone seems to be looking at me, actually glaring my way.

"What?"

"Don't you think you should start getting ready?"

"I think there's still nearly two hours before the function starts, why on earth will I start getting ready right now?" I look at them.

My sister lets out a huge sigh. "Maira, don't forget you're the bride and it takes time to do your hair and makeup. You should get started with your make up now."

"Ughhhh... Can I just not do any more make-up? I am so done with getting ready now. My face is gonna get swelled up with the amount of makeup you're using on my sensitive skin."

"Oh dear, it has just begun." Anaya teases me.

"Shut up!"

"I am sending in the beauticians for your make up." My mom tells me sternly and soon my room starts getting empty and my nerves shoot up.

The Sangeet function is in the open and as it is getting dark, the fairy lights around the trees and the stars and moon above have lot up the place in a very sombre way. This is all simple and pleasant until the function starts because, Sangeet means blast with dances from closed ones on songs making you want to dance with them.

Before I know it, I am making my way to sit on the couch with Jai already there for Mudda ceremony where gifts are exchanged between families, and damn, he looks hot! In pechish colour sherwani matching my dress, he looks drop dead gorgeous and I can't help but stare at him.

Our eyes meet and I can just drown in those dark deep eyes looking at me with so much warmth.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Jai's POV:

I look up to see Maira making her way towards me and she looks drop dead gorgeous. The peach colored flared lehenga with dupatta hugging at the right places, while her hair in a stylish updo bun and minimal makeup. She isn't looking less than a freaking model.

 She isn't looking less than a freaking model

(Maira's dress)

She takes her place next to me and I avert my gaze to not be caught. I can feel her staring at me and I get kind of conscious and turn my face to look at her.

"You didn't do good by pulling that prank Maira." She looks up with a broad smile which I can tell she is trying to control but cannot and in that smile, I feel like I have won a lottery. I now notice that when she laughs there forms a dimple on her right cheek making me want to poke her, but knowing her, I might suffer with a broken finger so I decide to keep to myself.