Chapter Twenty

So that happened.

Aramina's POV

I looked up from the doll house I was playing with when I heard a light knocking on the door to my balcony and stood up to go open it, only to find Auntie standing outside. She and Sir Gejutel had decided to visit us again shortly after the battle in the werewolf land and had even stayed here longer than last time; Auntie liked going to school as much as Dad which was something I was never going to understand since my human oppas and unnies, especially Shinwoo oppa, always kept complaining about how they hated going to the same school. But they always enjoyed hanging out at our place after school and though Auntie was as silent as Dad too when we played board games, I could tell that she was enjoying herself. But now that I saw her standing on my balcony right after she had returned from dropping off my human oppas and unnies at their homes, yet I could sense Dad, Regis oppa and Seira unnie entering the house downstairs, I knew what it meant.

She was going back to Lukedonia.

I quietly slid open the glass door and she stepped in, kneeling down to my height.

"You're leaving?"

I asked softly, rubbing my eye with my fist because I was starting to feel sleepy, and Auntie smiled. I had never really seen her smile in front of other people but she always seemed to do it front of you.

"You know I have to, Aramina. If you want, however, you can come with me."

I pouted, feeling annoyed that Auntie was still determined to take me back to Lukedonia at all costs. Even Papa wasn't determined as her. Then again, Papa had become a permanent resident of the house at this point since he and Rael oppa had been ordered by Auntie to stay here by the Noblesse's side until the war with the Union was over, once and for all. But Auntie herself could not stay here that long since there was an entire nation out there that looked up to her for guidance and protection. Maybe that was why Auntie so desperately wanted me to go live in Lukedonia because she couldn't have me in her sights as much as Papa did.

"I'll be fine, Auntie. I'm pwerfectly safe here!"

"And yet you got kidnapped by the Union."

"That was one time."

I pouted again and Auntie sighed, tucking a stray strand of hair behind my ear.

"Aramina, things are about to turn chaotic again very soon. This peace that we have succeeded in holding on to....we won't be able to hold on to it much longer. You understand that, don't you?"

I nodded but kept my pout in place to let Auntie know that I was still not returning to Lukedonia.

"You remind me of my sister when you act so difficult. Anyhow, can you do me at least one favour if you do not wish to return to Lukedonia with me?"

"What's a favour?"

Auntie chuckled softly which was a sound I was positive that I had never heard before.

"I would like you to promise me something; something to assure me that you will be safe in my absence."

"Oh, what do you nweed me to do?"

Auntie's smile fell and I almost cowered away on seeing how serious she had turned. It made me realize to my horror that when she said that things were about to turn chaotic again very soon, she meant that the final phase of the war with the Union was going to begin very soon. And I could only imagine how scary and bloody that kind of a fight was going to be.

"I want you to never leave your parents' side. Not until we are absolutely certain that the Union is no longer a threat to our existence."

Her voice grew quiet.