Are you all sure Freddy is alright? He doesn't seem to act like himself.

We walked out of the hotel gate and down the sidewalk. In a comfortable silence, we strolled hand in hand.

"You were my bestfriend in high school, right?" Freddy asked hesitantly. He turned his gaze to me and silently waited for my reply.

"Yes na! You were my BF!"

"BF?" Freddy rose both brows.

"Yea!"

"Your boyfriend?"

"Errr....Best friend!"

"So I was never your boyfriend?"

"Oh wow! Look at how beautiful the sky is!" I smiled innocently and began to walk.

"Hmm....Alright!" Freddy turned to the main hotel gate and began to head back into it.

"What happened?" I called out to him.

He shrugged and kept moving. I ran to him and held his forearm. "Where are you going?"

"To my room!"

"Why?"

"My mood has changed"

"Why?"

"I feel I have no one who truly cares about me," he said and hastened his footsteps.

He got into the hotel like a flash. I ran after him but he was already in the elevator and as the elevator door shut in front of me, his angry glare rested on me like an iceberg. My jaw dropped and my eyes widened.

"What did I do to Freddy? Why is he angry?"

I began my journey up the stairs since his room was in the fifth floor in the ten-storey building. It took a while because I haven't recovered well and I didn't have much energy. When I got to the fifth floor, I ran to Freddy's room and I bumped into someone at the door.

Kate rudely pushed me and I fell to the ground. I sprang up to my feet and my aim was to slap her. She quickly gripped my arm and pushed me aside.

"So it's her you like? This loser? This slut? This useless piece of creature? What can see give to you? She doesn't have curves like me. I go to gym to get my perfect shape so you can enjoy it all. Freddy, you are a fool! A big fool," Kate screamed. Her knuckles balled till it got white.

"Yes! I like her and I will rather date her," Freddy affirmed and his hand slipped into mine. "If you care about me, you'll be happy for me".

"HAPPY FOR WHAT?" Kate yelled and separated our hands. "Freddy, you are MINE". Kate's veins were all popping out. Her voice was worst than a trumpet at this point.

"Kate!" Freddy barked. "Stop with this childishness, right now! Go and rest. I'm tired. I can't repeat myself again. I've answered your question".

"So you choose Naomi over me?" Kate said, bursting into crocodile tears. "After all I've done for you?"

"Yes! After all you have done for him!" I said and walked into Freddy's room. He was already in so I confidently shut the door in front of Kate's face.

There was an awkward silence in the room before I turned to Freddy and asked, "Do you really like me?"

"Yes!" he stared at me with adoration and my heart leapt. Then, he fell to his knees. My eyes popped out and I ran to his side.

"Freddy, what's wrong?" I exclaimed with worried eyes.

He clasped his hands together. "Please! I beg you in the name of God. Please, tell me the truth of my past. Who were you to me? Who was Kate to me? And what really happened that led to my accident? I need to know"