56. Valentine's Gift ( 3 )

Zacznij od początku

Jisoo got up calmly, leaving a sentence about going to her room and left the place at ease.

"Dad, mom, I'm also going upstairs." Jennie's mood was really not good, so after she said her greeting, she followed Jisoo to leave.

"Just look at this... what are you, this chairman, doing? Letting Lisa work overtime on such an important day?" Go Eun asked her husband.

"How could I know? I don't take care of this game matter all along ah." Gong Yo explained, "Besides, with Lisa's character, even if I want her to do overtime and force her to work, she still won't listen even a tiny bit ah."

"...no matter, it's you guys' fault anyway." Go Eun also knew that what her husband said made sense, but as a woman, Go Eun understood Jennie's mood better than them. What's more, for Jennie, Lisa's only good point probably was that she took her as her everything, if even this good point was gone, what should Lisa rely on to keep Jennie with him?

"Alright, alright, we're all big fools." In this respect, no one can win against women, so he just calmly called himself a big fool.

Back in the deserted room, Jennie felt somewhat uncomfortable. It looked like that it was the first time for her to come back to this room alone since she and Lisa got married. The servants of the Manoban family were very dedicated and cleaned their rooms with due diligence every day, but without Lisa's accompaniment, this clean room just looked like a hotel.

Jennie took out her phone and sent a WeChat message to Lisa: 'Lisa, when will you come back?'

Lisa: 'I'll be back after finishing some stuff.'

Jennie: 'Pay attention to your body, don't get too tired.'

With a sigh, Jennie put down her phone, turned to the cloak room and took a pyjama from the closet. When she looked back, she saw the shoe box that was placed on the shelf so carefully like it was Lisa's baby.

"You're so happy when you received the gift, but why can't you go home earlier?" Jennie stared angrily at the shoe box, as if she was staring at Lisa. Although she was a little bit grumpy, but she knew better than anyone else that Lisa had always been like this ah.

Lisa has autism, and naturally, her EQ was low, she can't consider and take care of many things. she won't understand your request, can't detect the hidden meaning in your words, she even can't requite the energy or time that you spent for her. Jennie actually had prepared herself about these things before getting married. But, in fact, after they got their marriage certificate, Lisa has performed really well.

Lisa would hug her when she cried, gave her flowers the next day and walked for three hours just to make a surprise and pick her up from work. These were far beyond Jennie's expectations, but these things inflated her rationality, it made her desired to ask for more.

"Just wait until you come back, let's see how I'm going to clean you up." Jennie's mood was somewhat better after letting out the bits of resentment in her heart. She had thought about it, when Lisa came back, she must read aloud every future festival days once through for Lisa to hear, and let her keep in mind that no overtime would be allowed for these festivals.

Taking a shower, blowing her hair dry and watching a movie, Jennie sat alone on the bed and waited until eleven o'clock, but she still hadn't seen Lisa coming back.

"Why is it so late?" Jennie couldn't help but make a phone call to Lisa because of her anxiety.

The phone was quickly connected, not waiting for Jennie to ask, Lisa already said, "There's still 10 minutes left before I can complete it, I'll be back before twelve."

"Can't you do it tomorrow?" Jennie asked worriedly.

"Can't, have to be done today, wait for me." After saying this, Lisa took the initiative to hung up Jennie's call for the first time ever.

At the same time, on the balcony of the third floor, Jisoo was also calling assistant Mina, "Is Lisa still in the company?"

"Yes, but it should be done anytime now. Eun Woo said that Second young master was already on the last stage, I estimate that it'll be done soon." Mina reported while drinking coffee.

"You'll send her back in a moment, pay attention to safety."

"Yes." Mina hung up the phone and went to get a cup of coffee with a wrinkled face, "I need to drink another cup to refresh."

Lisa was still not coming back, Jennie of course couldn't sleep at all, so she wrapped herself with a blanket and sat on the balcony while looking at the mansion's gate. Although she knew that Lisa was still in the company at this time, and that she wouldn't be able to return in a little while, but she could calm her heart by looking at that direction.

"Ding!"

The notice light from her phone lit up and Jennie quickly picked it up. She saw the message sent by Lisa: 'I'm going back, wait for me.'

"Wait for what? I'll sleep just for you to see." Jennie stood up angrily, walked back to the bedroom and even laid on the bed. However, after turning around for a while, she still can't help but returned back to the balcony.

"I'm waiting. I'll let you see me so you'd feel guilty about it." The summer night wind felt cool and pleasant as it brought a taste of sunlight and dispersed Jennie's troubled heart.

It's already 11.45, if she didn't come back, the Valentine's day would be gone in a while.

Suddenly, a beam of light came straight from the front. Jennie narrowed her eyes and saw a car approaching the mansion's gate.

"Second young master, is Second young master back?" Uncle Jung who had been worried about Lisa and hadn't slept a wink, saw the car and hurriedly opened the mansion's gate.

The car drove in, stopped, and the rear door opened. Lisa came out while holding something in her hands, hurrying to enter the mansion. Uncle Jung who was eager and wanted to help, didn't even have the chance to look at Lisa clearly.

"Second young master..."

"Uncle Jung, I'll go back first." Mina, who completed the task, greeted Uncle Jung with a smile, and then went back to the same road she took.

' Thump thump thump...'
A series of footsteps, heavy and urgent, was heard. Jennie controlled her impulse to go up and welcome her as she stood in place, waiting for Lisa to come in.

The door was opened, and Lisa saw Jennie who was standing on the balcony with a glance.

"I'm back." Lisa smiled, smiling so happily, like a wanderer that was returning from a long trip, seeing the lights shining warmly at home.

"You're back." Jennie also smiled. All her grievances, all her petty plans to take a revenge on Lisa, were all vanished when she saw the smile on Lisa's face.

"11.50." Lisa walked to Jennie, still breathing heavily.

"You also know that you're late ah."

"There's still ten minutes left." Lisa raised her hands and held the thing in front of Jennie's eyes.

"VR glasses? Why are you taking this back?" Lisa was holding a pair of white VR glasses, the indicator blue light were flashing.

"Valentine's present." Lisa added, "I made it by myself, it's unique and unparalleled."

"You... did it for me?" Jennie suddenly found it hard to breath, could it be...

"Quickly look, there's still nine minutes, the video can be finished in seven minutes." Lisa was anxious to help Jennie put on the VR glasses and pressed the power button.

The blue light radiated from the glasses, and Jennie entered a whole new world inside this bright halo light.