PART19

Kabir thought for a while, perceiving it to be Vansh's plan. He knew his brother well. Though he hated it at first, it would give him a chance for collecting evidence against Vansh. 

Vansh was sure Kabir would help him find the assassin. He knew his brother well.

"What do you think boss, he'll agree..."

"Obviously, Angre...he'll have to agree to it...he loves to play police police..." Vansh chuckled when his wife entered. Her innocence had attracted him from the first day he saw her. He was amused seeing her small size, she seemed just like a cute doll. Her every action delighted him and she looked pretty even when she was angry. 

"We've...to change...the...bandage..." she cried showing the new set of bandages that were placed next to him.

"The nurse will do it bhabhi..." Angre interfered much to Vansh's annoyance.

He looked at Vansh and went outside the cabin, letting then couple alone. The nurse entered and asked how Vansh was feeling. Vansh nodded a yes looking at Riddhima. 

"Can...I change the bandage ?" Riddhima asked gently when the nurse was checking Vansh

"Yes ma'am," she smiled and gave her the instructions. 

Riddhima tenderly touched the heavy wounds and her eyes welled up with tears.

"Why don't you leave all this?" she asked putting the bandage

"My family is okay with it" he cried intently and continued

"It is natural for me to get shot. I've experienced it many times" 

Riddhima remained silent and touched the wound in his back

"Isn't there any other option?" 

Vansh nodded a no. Riddhima had always found it difficult to read his expressions.

"Then you should have married a girl who is okay with you getting hurt" she gulped and turned around, her back facing him

"You call yourself a mastermind ,huh? look at you! you're in this hospital, getting treatment. A real mastermind never lets his enemy harm him" her voice broke as she spoke, trying not to show her vulnerable side to him.

She faked a laugh and continued, 

"you have no brains, Mr.Raisinghania," she said wiping her tears that had lost control. 

"Riddhima" He groaned her name when she rushed out of the room. She blindly went into the washroom and threw the water her face multiple times. Her face was plump red and her eyes had reddened

"Family is okay with it. But I am not...I am not. Why did he come and apologize ? If he really treats me as his family then why would he say such a thing?" 

She sank inside the bathroom holding her knees closer to her. She sobbed her heart out. Something in her pained so much. She was hurt. He had shielded her from the bullets despite knowing that his enemies were targeting him. He held her so close to him and protected her to such an extent that no bullet would touch her even by mistake. He was the first person, she had hated so much, and he was the first person, who cared for her. He was the first person, with whom she fought with right, and he was the first guy, who apologized. She chuckled recollecting his 'sorry' face and wiped her hot brimming tears and went back to check on him after pulling herself together. He was fast asleep. 

______________________________________

Kabir, after much contemplation, decided to accept Angre's proposition. He was prepared to extend his assistance to them, despite the complexities involved.

Kabir, with a sly smile playing on his lips, laid out the terms of their agreement, "Your boss must confess to the murder of Ragini. Once I track down the assassin, he must willingly accept his fate and serve his time in jail. Do we have a deal?"

Angre, without a moment's hesitation, extended his hand towards Kabir, sealing their pact with a firm handshake. "Deal..." he responded, his voice steady and confident. He was well aware of the fact that Vansh would never end up behind bars. After all, Ragini was still alive, a fact that only a few were privy to. 

______________________________________

Suddenly, the room was plunged into darkness, startling Riddhima from her sleep. She squinted in the dim light, her eyes catching a suspicious movement behind the curtains.

"Who's there?" she called out, her voice echoing in the quiet room. As her hand instinctively reached for a knife on the nearby tray, she cast a protective glance towards Vansh, ensuring his safety.

Through the thin veil of the curtains, she could discern the silhouette of a woman. The shadow was unmistakable, its feminine form clearly outlined against the fabric.

"I asked, who's there?" Riddhima repeated, her voice louder this time. With a swift motion, she pulled back the curtain, just as the lights flickered back on. Her heart pounded in her chest as she found herself staring at an empty space. The mysterious figure had vanished.

A sense of dread washed over her. "Someone must have come to murder Vansh...I need to alert Angre..." she muttered to herself, her mind racing with alarming thoughts.

Without wasting another moment, Riddhima grabbed her phone and dialed Angre's number, ready to warn him about the potential danger lurking in the shadows.

____________________________________

"What's the matter, Bhabhi? Is everything okay?" Angre asked, his voice filled with concern as he hurried into the room.

"Angre...there was someone here...I saw a figure...a woman's silhouette...I fear...she might be here to harm Vansh..." Riddhima's voice trembled as she spoke, her words laced with tension.

"Bhabhi, please relax...We'll handle this...I promise..." Angre reassured her, his gaze shifting to Vansh who was now awake.

"Riddhima...it's alright...you should rest..." Vansh said, gently patting her head. Angre led her outside the room and handed her a glass of fresh juice.

"Bhabhi...you haven't eaten anything for three days...please have this..."

"A...Angre...it was a woman...but...I couldn't see...her face..."

"Bhabhi, please relax...we'll find her...please have this drink..." Angre insisted, his tone gentle yet firm.

Riddhima picked up the glass and drained its contents in one go. As Angre returned to the room, Vansh spoke up,

"It's her...Angre..." His voice was low, but there was a certain determination in his tone.