PART13

Sunny had surreptitiously slipped pills into everyone's drinks, ensuring that each person, including Vansh, consumed their spiked beverage. Within moments, the effects took hold, and everyone fell into a deep slumber that would last for fourteen hours. This provided the perfect opportunity for Sunny and Riddhima to search for the evidence they needed.

Riddhima slipped away to the backyard, unnoticed, and made her way to the spot where Ragini's statue stood. She brushed a loose strand of hair from her face as she surveyed the area. Sunny, despite knowing there was no concrete evidence against Vansh, feigned digging up a false grave, hoping to coax Riddhima into revealing more information.

"Riddhima... I've stumbled upon something intriguing..." he called out, his voice echoing in the quiet night.

Riddhima returned to the spot where a diary had been unearthed.

"So it seems... Ragini was indeed a victim of this monstrous man..." she muttered, her voice barely above a whisper.

"We'll need to dig deeper, could you lend a hand...? Please?" Sunny pleaded, his eyes meeting hers.

Riddhima fetched another shovel from the garage and hurried back to where Sunny was waiting. They spent the next two hours digging until Riddhima finally stepped back.

"It's causing discomfort," she admitted, dusting off her beautiful lehenga.

"Let's take a breather. How about some juice? Everyone's unconscious"

"I must say, your intelligence is commendable," Riddhima smiled, settling down in the garden to read Ragini's diary.

As darkness enveloped her, Sunny returned with a glass of juice.

"Thank you! " she said, accepting the glass and taking a sip.

"It'll be rejuvenating," Sunny assured her, a peculiar smirk playing on his lips.

Riddhima suddenly felt dizzy and struggled to stand. She reached out to Sunny, who offered his hand with a smirk.

"You're my friend. Why wouldn't I lend a hand?" Sunny said, steadying Riddhima.

He pulled her closer and draped his arm around her shoulder.

"How about... friends with benefits?" Sunny suggested, as Riddhima fought to regain her consciousness.

"No one will disturb us for the next ten hours, darling," he chuckled when Riddhima pushed him away.

"St...stay...a...a...away..." She stammered, stumbling over a rock.

"Oh come on darling ! You told me you want to distance yourself from Vansh . Let's have an affair. He'll surely leave you then. After all, what are friends for?" he asked, laughing as he pulled her harshly, tearing off her dupatta.

Things spiraled out of control when he tried to force a kiss on her. Riddhima pushed Sunny away with all her might and ran towards the other side of the garden, her balance faltering. Sunny grabbed her by the elbow, causing her to collide with Ragini's statue, which shattered into pieces. A few drops of blood trickled from her lips as she collapsed onto the ground.

"Let...let me go..." she demanded.

"And who do you think you are to command me, you arrogant woman?" he retorted, yanking her by her hair. A fragment of Ragini's statue was within Riddhima's reach, and she seized it, striking Sunny squarely on his head.

"And who...are you to torment me?.." Riddhima managed to say, her voice shaky but resolute. Sunny forcefully intertwined his fingers with hers.

"You'll see what Vansh will do when he learns about your actions..." she warned.

"Really? he was the one who instructed me to get close to you. I'm a decent guy, really, I swear on my love, Ishani" he chuckled and showed her a video of Vansh handing him money and instructing him to befriend Riddhima. He continued,

"I'm working for him, Riddhima darling, he paid me, I'm just doing the job I was assigned,"

Riddhima bit his hand hard, and he withdrew his palm, inadvertently tearing off her necklace. The beads scattered on the ground. The broken part of the statue caused Sunny to slip, and Riddhima, though unsteady, made her way to the kitchen and grabbed a lime from the fridge. She bit into the lime and vomited up the drug Sunny had given her. She regretted her decision to trust Sunny and to switch off all the cameras in the mansion. She had thought he was an honest police officer. When he entered the kitchen, she picked up a knife and warned him to stay away. Despite his refusal to listen, she lunged and stabbed his foot, immobilizing him.

"Arghh!.." he screamed.

"Serves you right," she retorted and dialed the police.

_____________________________________

"What?" Kabir's voice echoed with surprise and disbelief as he spoke into the phone.

Mishra, observing from a distance, noticed a sudden shift in Kabir's demeanor. His brows furrowed in concern, he asked, "What happened, sir?"

Kabir's face hardened as he muttered under his breath, "Vansh Raisinghania... he'll never change his ways." With a sense of urgency, he reached for his car keys that were lying on the table. Without another word, he dashed out of the room, heading towards his car. His destination: the VR mansion. The wheels of his mind were turning rapidly, preparing for whatever awaited him there.

_______________________________________

Upon hearing Riddhima's account of the events, Kabir made his way to the mansion. He surveyed the surroundings, eventually finding himself in the backyard where the remnants of Ragini's statue lay scattered. A wave of nostalgia washed over him, making him appear vulnerable. He blinked rapidly, warding off the tears that threatened to spill, and turned to face Riddhima.

"I'm certain you didn't marry a man. He's more like a block of wood. You should leave him and live your life," Kabir advised, his gaze taking in Riddhima's disheveled state. Riddhima shot Sunny a glare before turning back to Kabir.

"He deserves the harshest punishment possible," Riddhima declared, her voice steady and her eyes dry.

Following Riddhima's formal complaint, Inspector Kabir arrested Sunny.

"Mrs. Vansh," Kabir began, addressing Riddhima.

"Ms. Riddhima," she corrected him.

"Tears are a woman's most potent weapon, let them flow," he advised her with a gentle smile, then continued, "And Ms. Riddhima, I don't need your assistance in gathering evidence for Ragini's murder case. You're free to go, I can handle this." Kabir reassured her with a comforting smile.

"Do you have anything to say to Sunny?" he asked.

As Riddhima approached him, Sunny glared at her. She deliberately stepped on Sunny's injured leg.

"You did this because I'm a woman, didn't you?" she accused, her teeth clenched in anger.

She picked up the shovel and began to strike him forcefully.

"Had we been under a monarchy, I would have publicly beheaded you. I would have dismembered you and fed your remains to the vultures," she spat out, hitting him hard.

Sunny received another blow from her and collapsed unconscious.

"You think women are weak, huh?" Riddhima shouted.

"Impressive... very impressive," Kabir commended as he hoisted an unconscious Sunny.

"Ms. Riddhima, distance yourself from this family. They're toxic. I'm not one to meddle in relationships and marriages, but I'm advising this because I've experienced it. Be happy and stay away," he suggested.

Riddhima had endured enough. It was high time for her to leave the VR mansion. Now that Sia was safe and Inspector Kabir had relieved her of her assigned duty, nothing was holding her back from leaving Vansh.