PART 18

Kabir was taken aback when Dadi informed him about Vansh's critical condition. Despite his resentment towards his brother, memories of their shared childhood flooded back. Vansh had always taken the blame whenever Kabir made a mistake.

"Are you sure, Dadi?" Kabir asked, his voice trembling.

"Yes, dear. He's in the ICU," Dadi replied falling unconscious, not able to bear her grandson's state.

Sia rushed to Dadi's side and picked up the phone.

"Hello?" she answered.

Kabir froze when he heard his sister's voice.

"S...Sia?" he cried as he had heard his sister talking to him after a very long time.

"Inspector... I mean, ACP Kabir, my brother is fighting for his life," Sia said tersely before hanging up. She turned to her biological mother, Anupriya.

"Maa, should we go to Mussoorie?" she asked.

"No, darling. Let them come here. Angre is with him," Anupriya replied, tears streaming down her face. Anupriya cried and looked at the caller id. She would not have forgiven Kabir if Sia had not been able to walk like before. She dialed his number

"Hello?" she said, her voice choked with emotion.

"Maa?" Kabir responded, stepping back in surprise. It had been three years since they last spoke.

"Sia can walk again," Anupriya said, her voice trying to mask all the emotions running through her.

"Maa, I've stopped drinking," Kabir replied, sobbing and pleading for her forgiveness.

Anupriya remembered the day Sia had her accident. She was in a terrible state. Kabir's hatred for Vansh, fueled by Ragini's death, had led him to drink excessively. He had driven recklessly with Sia in the car, resulting in an accident. He escaped unscathed, but Sia was left paralyzed. Vansh had banished him from their lives for his reckless behavior. The thought of what could have happened to her daughter still haunted her.

She felt a sense of peace when she saw Sia dancing gracefully to the tune of 'Pinga'.

"Vansh is in the hospital, ACP Kabir," Anupriya said, her voice breaking.

"He killed my Ragini," Kabir retorted.

"You've destroyed your own family," Anupriya shot back before hanging up.

Kabir took a deep breath, trying to compose himself.

"Mishra," he called out.

"Yes, boss?"

"Let's head to Mussoorie," he said, leaving his cabin.

_____________________________

Vansh slowly sat up, leaning back against the soft hospital pillow. The sterile smell of the hospital was overwhelming, the scent of cleaners and sanitizers making him feel nauseous.

"Boss, are you alright? Do you have any idea who tried to attack you?" Angre asked, his voice filled with concern.

Vansh remained silent for a few moments, gathering his thoughts. Then, he spoke in a quiet voice, "Those bullets...they were intended for Riddhima."

Angre's eyes widened in shock. He realized that someone must have discovered Riddhima's true identity as Ridan Rajvansh's daughter. But who could it be?