X

By the time they get to the noraebang place everyone is more or less drunk. Namjoon isn't sure if that's a good thing or not to be honest. Most of his friends are happy drunks but they also turn extremely chaotic and loud, which gets to be a bit much after a while.

Jin seems to slot in with them with ease though. He got steadily more red in the face as he was drinking and laughed more and more with each drink, his jokes getting worse and punnier, so Namjoon supposed he should be happy.

He decides early on not to get drunk, as there would be no guarantee he wouldn't do something embarrassing, like try to kiss Jin, or confess his feelings to him. Instead he nurses his second beer all through dinner as the others order more and more bottles of soju to share.

Now that they're in the private noraebang room, Jimin is already out, ordering more drinks and snacks as Jungkook and Yugyeom fiddle with the karaoke machine, with Taehyung offering useless advice from the sidelines.

Jin is sitting between Namjoon and Yoongi-hyung and he reaches past Yoongi-hyung to say something to Hoseok, leaning one hand on Namjoon's thigh for balance, his other hand grasping Yoongi-hyung's shoulder.

The machine comes to life right then, Taehyung whooping and high fiving Jungkook, so whatever Jin is saying to Hoseok is drowned out by the automatic music blasting from the speakers.

Jin turns back to Namjoon and leans closer to half-shout into his ear, "Your friends are terrible, Hoseok just said my jokes aren't funny. I don't think he gets a say, which one of us has actually been in a comedy drama in the past three years?"

Namjoon is only half paying attention, because Jin's lips are at most fifteen centimeters from his own mouth and his lips are so red and soft looking. Jin licks the corner of his mouth at the end of his question and Namjoon is pretty sure he whimpers. Luckily for him the music covers the sound.

"Do I have something on my mouth?" Jin asks and brushes a hand over his mouth before he's distracted by Jimin and a waiter coming into the room carrying two trays filled with very brightly colored cocktails.

One electric blue cocktail later, Jin insists Namjoon join him in a duet and his pout is too powerful for Namjoon to resist. Yoongi-hyung slaps him on the ass and shouts encouragement.

Usually when Namjoon is in this situation he hams it up, wailing and shouting into the mic, but now he's not sure if he should do that with Jin right there. It's not like he can impress Jin with his vocals, but he can usually carry a tune, especially with a karaoke mic that masks small mistakes anyway. Also usually when he's in this position he's much, much more drunk.

Luckily for him, Jin doesn't seem to take noraebang seriously either as he starts belting way off key as soon as the song starts, so Namjoon feels obligated to join in the same way. They butcher their way through the song and somehow get 85 as their score.

"Yaaaa!" Jin shouts and throws his arms around Namjoon, like they'd won a grand price. He tightens his hold and rocks Namjoon from side to side until they almost capsize and have to let go of each other to stay standing.

They stumble back to their seats, letting Yoongi-hyung and Hoseok out first as it's their turn. As he shimmies past, Hoseok wiggles his eyebrows meaningfully at Namjoon and looks at Jin. Namjoon doesn't even try to figure out what that's supposed to mean and anyway Hoseok is the drunkest of them all, so there's no trusting him on anything right now.

"We were the best, Namjoon-ah, the best!" Jin shouts over the trot song Yoongi-hyung has selected and lurches to sit down, somehow ending up on Namjoon's lap.

"Oof. You okay there hyung, maybe you should stop drinking now?" Namjoon asks and tries to dump Jin from his lap, with little success as the other seems to suddenly have more arms than an octopus and is clinging to him like one.