Chapter 54: Only the Beginning

Start from the beginning

Following Naruto, the only sound recognized was the sound of the water splashing. Their fight was now taking place on the side of the walls of stone.

Lee abruptly stopped once Naruto stopped running and turned around to perform a dash at Lee. With him being much more prepared, Lee raised his forearm, blocking the punch from Naruto.

Being pushed back just a few inches away, Lee ducked down, trying to deal a low-kick so Naruto would lose balance and fall down to the water once again. Naruto had to stop creating pressure so he could jump up to dodge the low-kick from Lee.

Jumping to the side, Naruto summoned a clone and started to wield hand seals at rapid pace.

Tiger → Ram → Horse → Snake → Dragon → Rat → Ox → Tiger

Tiger → Ox → Dog → Rabbit → Snake

"Fire Style: Fire Dragon Bullet!"

"Wind Style: Great Breakthrough!" The real Naruto shot out a breath of fire alongside his clone, whom shot a gust of wind from his mouth to strengthen the overall power of the fire.

(A/N: If Kakashi can do the fireball jutsu with a mask, Naruto can do it too. Though they do wear entirely different types of mask. Shit. Consider this a plot hole.)

Lee moved to the side, a tiny bit of his spandex suit charred off due to the strength of the fire that Naruto had reigned upon him.

Lee decided to bring things up a notch and started to dash all around Naruto. The walls of stone started to dent due to the speed that Lee was using.

Naruto looked all around him, keeping calm as he saw moderately-sized rocks rise from the ground-up. Suddenly, those same rocks came flying towards him.

Due to that unexpected attack, Naruto had a graze on his cheek-bone with blood slithering down. Naruto was backed into a corner.

He did not want to already use his Mangekyou so early -- it was too risky for him right now. His constant use of his Sharingan has brought his vision at stake. Although not to the point where he will be fully blind, but at the stake where it will be way too noticeable.

Naruto decided to persevere through all of the attack before ducking down and doing a low-sweep, making the pebbles and rocks and letting Lee taste his own medicine.

This caused Lee to move much slower due to the speed of rocks passing him left and right. Naruto smirked behind his mask, jumping in the air.

The fight has only just begun.

~~~

Gaara stared at Kimimaro, his face stern and serious as he sent individual veils of sand maneuvered around the area. Standing still, Gaara commanded his sand to utterly destroy Kimimaro. With the sand unwavering, Kimimaro jumped back, seeing as the sand became sharp and weaponized.

The speed of the sand quickening, Kimimaro saw the sand circle around him, slowly closing around him with such fluid movement.

With his Curse Seal spreading throughout his body, he got ready for the attack.

"Sand Coffin!" Gaara stuck out his hand, clenching it tightly as the sand attached itself onto the body of Kimimaro.

He found it hard for him to crush Kimimaro with his sand. Narrowing his eyes, Gaara saw a finger reach out from the sand, the black markings evident on the finger.