03 / but then you saw me, caught you by surprise

Start from the beginning

Of course that's what this is about. He would've ignored me otherwise.

Why does Bakugou have to talk to me now, of all times? He could've literally pulled me aside during lunch.

Why does everything have to be so complicated for no reason?

You sighed before stuffing your face into your palms, using them to support your head up while you tried to hide your face in thought.

It was so much, and you'd barely even processed what had happened with Bakugou yet. Now he was trying to talk to you about it?

You thought that the two of you would just ignore it and just pretend that everything went back to the way it was before. You didn't want to discuss it or process it. Least of all with Bakugou.

The sound of paper being crumpled behind you startled you out of your panic, and you shook your head before straightening up and trying to pay attention to what Midnight was saying. That was the least you could do in this situation.

But you couldn't even do that, since you felt a light tap on the back of your head after a few seconds. Obviously, you knew who it was from, and you quickly turned around in your chair to shoot Bakugou a glare for continuously bothering you.

Only, his face was looking apologetic, with his normal downturned eyebrows turned the slightest bit upwards as he pointed to a ball of paper on the floor. You rolled your eyes before reaching down to pick it up, and watched as he gestured for you to open it.

You huffed before turning back around to face the front. Thankfully, Midnight hadn't noticed what was happening again and none of your other classmates seemed to have either.

You carefully uncrumpled the paper ball, trying to not make a lot of noise before smoothing it out with your palms on the table.

Meet me after class. We need to talk.

And as expected, you were correct. He did want to talk to you about what went down the night before.

The issue was, you could barely remember what'd happened. It was all a blur, and that made you feel even more out of control of the situation.

Did I say something to him to make it obvious that I still had feelings for him?

Maybe that's why we ended up hooking up last night.

Damnit.

You pulled at the sides of your hair in frustration as you scolded yourself for drinking so much. It was hard not to, let's be honest, with everyone pulling you into different directions to come play drinking games with them or just handing off beer cans.

Great. And now we have to go talk about our "feelings" or whatever because I decided to be an idiot last night.

There was no avoiding it now, you'd just have to suck it up and deal with it.

...

The bell finally chimed and the sound of chairs being scraped against the floor and papers scattering filled the classroom as everyone began to get ready to go back to the dorms for the day. A light chatter filled the air with people laughing, joking, and talking as they went about their business.

Thankfully, none of your friends in the class came to approach you about the earlier encounter with Bakugou. They all decided to ignore it and realized you'd probably tell them about it later.

You decided not to go talk to any of your friends, only watching as Bakugou did the same and sauntered out the classroom door with his hands in his pockets. Quickly, you followed behind him once you were sure no one would notice you both practically leaving together.