02 / you look so happy when i'm not with you

Start from the beginning

And even more, he wondered if the internal feelings that he'd been brewing for so long were responsible for what had happened between the two of you. He still had no memories or recollection as to why he'd decided to hook up with you while drunk. Not to mention, you must have reciprocated his feelings to some extent, since you'd also been part of that decision.

"Hey, uhhh Bakugou? Are you okay over there?"

Bakugou swiveled his head to the other few faces on his table. Sero and Kaminari were off in their lala land somewhere and Mina was way too focused on a conversation with the invisible bitch to give a damn about what was going on. Which only left Kirishima, as he looked at his friend with concern.

It wasn't unlike Bakugou to be quiet during lunch, but the new addition of staring daggers at something across the room was more unsettling than when he yelled at the people sitting next to him to shut up.

"You okay man?", Kirishima asked again after being met with silence.

Bakugou only rolled his eyes and huffed before turning his attention back to the food in front of him.

"Well, uh that's good then," Kirishima smiled awkwardly before taking a sip of his drink. "So, you heard about the dance that's coming up right?"

"Obviously," Bakugou mumbled.

He was trying to block out as much of the noise around him as he spotted you from the corner of his eye. You were giggling and laughing with Shinsou, Deku, and some other nerds he couldn't give less of a fuck about. But his eyes were zeroed in on your hand that was placed on Shinsou's shoulder.

"Right obviously," Kirishima replied awkwardly. "Well, I uhm, was just thinking about that, ya know? And I was wondering, well are you gonna go with someone? Or, what I mean is, are you going to ask someone? Because well, I just thought tha-"

"Shut up for a second Shitty hair," Bakugou interrupted.

You were headed in the direction of his table. At first glance, Bakugou thought that it was for him, and he was ecstatic. You were coming to talk to him, he was sure of it. There was no way that you would let what happened the night before go without discussing it in any way.

But his dreams were promptly crushed when you walked right past them to the trash can, not even sparing him a glance as you did so.

And then when Kirishima called out your name to wave a hello, you responded without giving any attention to Bakugou whatsoever. Your gaze was averted completely and you walked past the table again, right back to Shinsou.

Now, Bakugou was mad.

It'd been like this since you broke up - you practically ignoring his entire existence - and he absolutely despised it. For one thing, he thought it was extremely childish. But for another, it hurt more than he could admit.

And now with the addition of what'd happened between the two of you the night before, it made Bakugou feel worse.

...

You walked into the 3-A classroom, skipping along and joking with your friends, mostly because Shinsou had snorted and milk came out of his nose.

"That was disgusting," you grimaced as you scrunched up your nose.

Shinsou only gave you a tired glare before rolling his eyes and firing back."You can't say anything Y/N. Says the same person who bawled for three hours straight and had snot all over their face."

"Shut up, at least I had a valid reason for being gross."
"Yeah, yeah," he mused back. "You were crying because your boyfriend broke up with you. I got it, don't worry. Heard it a million times at least."

That jab was on purpose. He was mad about how you were acting, and even more upset at the fact that you hadn't mentioned anything about it.

So yeah, maybe he wanted you to feel the tiniest bit upset too.

You only shot him a glare as you decided to ignore him to go sit at your seat by the window.

He chuckled as he made his way over to your desk, observing the small pout on your lips.

It was incredibly adorable, he couldn't lie whatsoever. But, he did know exactly the chord he'd struck. Obviously, it was hard to get over someone and move on. And even with his own feelings, he knew he shouldn't take his anger out on you.

Surely, Bakugou had to be the one who'd started everything between you again.

He sat on the desk behind you, swinging his legs as he kicked your chair to grab your attention.

"Stop it," you whined.

"Nope."

You finally turned all the way around in your chair and shot him a tired look, which he responded to with a large smile on his face. You knew exactly what he was doing: annoying you into forgiving him.

And when his kicks became rather harsh against your back, you gave in as you waved your hands. "Okay okay, fine," you rolled your eyes.

"I was only joking, ya know?"

"Yeah, I know," you sighed. You rested one of your forearms over the back of your chair, as you leaned on your palm to keep yourself upright.

"Good," he smiled as he reached his hand out to pat your head.

Shinsou opened his mouth in preparation to say something else, but he was promptly interrupted by a gruff voice that had a constant angry undertone.

"Move it eyebags. Get off my desk."

Shinsou lazily turned his head over to face Bakugou's, while you reflexively looked down and away from his figure.

You didn't even know what to think around him anymore.

You thought that you'd finally gotten over him. You thought you were ready to finally think about seeing someone else.

But no, here you were, back to square one.

You almost felt like crying now that you were seeing him again, and you couldn't handle it. It wasn't something that you hadn't felt from his presence since you'd first broken up with him.

"Chill out," Shinsou smirked as he pretended to ease Bakugou's anger. He swung himself off the desk and leaned himself against yours instead.

Bakugou was even more mad about that move, forgetting about sitting on his desk in the first place. It was like Shinsou was showing off the relationship he had with you, something that pretty much ceased to exist between you and Bakugou.

You remained unaware of the silent exchange between them, too wrapped up in your head and thoughts. It was too much stress on yourself in too little time.

And Shinsou noticed instantly, deciding to take advantage of the situation and comforting you in the most obvious way that he could - pulling you in for a hug and leaning in to whisper that you'd be okay. 

Bakugou's reactions were always incredibly amusing.