I have to admit I feel glad and good from what I just heard but I know this is not easy for him. He might not care for Laura, but Caterina is still his child. It must hurt to let her go but I know how much he cares for Aria and that he would make the same decision again if he has to.

"I can only imagine how hard that is for you but it was for the best." That is the only thing I could say to him right now.

He nods and speaks again. "Is Aria at home? I want to talk to her as soon as possible."

"No, she will spend her day at Lindsey's house. They are best friends and she will be back home tomorrow morning."

"Alright. If you can tell her tomorrow that I want to talk to her and to call me that would be great."

I nod. "Of course, I will."

He gives me a small smile in return and I follow him out of the office. This is good, this is really good. They got what they deserved.

...

"Alright, speak up. Why are you smiling like a Joker right now?" I turn my head to quickly look at Lucas who is sitting in the passenger seat.

"I'm not smiling." He scoffs but I shake my head while keeping my focus on the road. "Don't try denying it. Something's going on."

"Ugh, alright. I have a date tonight."

I push on the breaks a little bit too hard when we approach the red light and I immediately look at him. "You have a date?" He looks at me and frowns. "Wow, thanks man for being so excited for me." He rolls his eyes and I guess he doesn't like my shocked expression.

"Come on, I'm just surprised. Usually, you brag about having a date the whole day and it's hard for you to shut up about it. Why didn't you tell me sooner, I could've let you go off work earlier."

His head immediately shoots in my direction but I keep my eyes in front of me since the light turned green. "You would actually do that just because I have a date?" His eyes bulge, looking at me like I grew two heads.

"Of course, it's such a rare occasion. Only happens once or twice a year, I wouldn't let my desperate best friend dwell on it the whole day at work." I chuckle but receive a hard punch in the shoulder.

"I hate you." He looks away from me but I laugh. "Love you too brother."

After I drop him off at his house I get back on the road to drive to mine.

I tap in the code and close the door after I get in. I leave my briefcase on the couch and make my way towards the kitchen to take a bottle of water from the fridge. I have the urge to call Aria and see how her day is going but I remember Lindsey threatening me if I even send her a text on the girl's day.

I gave Mari a free day which means I'm alone today and I have to cook for myself. I enjoy cooking even though I don't know much about it or many dishes but I enjoy it more when Aria cooks for me. Whatever she makes it's always delicious.

Okay, I have to stop thinking about her or I just might get back in my car and drive to Lindsey's house to pick her up.

I shake my head but chuckle. About a year ago I wouldn't even think about women and now I can't live without one even for a day.

After taking a couple of gulps of water, I decided to take a shower before making myself dinner. I take my tie off while I climb the stairs but the doorbell stops me from getting into my room. I turn around and furrow my brows. I don't expect anyone but maybe it's Lucas. He sometimes asks me to borrow one of my suits if he has a date.