Chapter 18: The real deal

It looks like Ryu is keeping his domain amplification activated, he intends to attack with raw physical strength, but from what senpai told us he is really skilled, he is considered to be the next heir to the kamo clan, so I bet he is aware that Ryu isn't able to use his technique.

Ryu charges at full speed, he doesn't even bother use any decoy, that kind of reckless strategy won't work on his opponent and he knows it, what kind of plan does he have in mind? Surprisingly Iguro let him close the gap between them without attacking, rather than attacking Iguro switch to defensive mode, he chooses to have a head on fight, they exchange some punchs, Iguro as sneaky as always uses his technique to punch from the back.

I'm pretty sure in his mind Iguro is like: "if I can't drag you through my gates, then I'll just use them to punch you from everywhere", he is just impressive, even at close combat he is overwhelming Ryu with attacks from literally everywhere. Man he is one hell of a vicious guy, he lets Ryu thinks that he had a chance at close combat just so he can overwhelm him,

- What were you saying again about beating me? Say Iguro, learn your place!

- Shut your mouth! Screams Ryu in between 2 punchs.

Even though he says that he is being banged up right now, but slowly I notice that he is dodging and countering Iguro's attack, wait a second did he deactivated his domain amplification, and if he did it is to be able to use his technique, I guess he borrowed Anko's eye of the midnight owl, and thanks to it he is able to read Iguro's attack,

- Learn my place you said? Says Ryu while launching a counter attack, shut up I am the strongest.

He lands a good attack after saying those words, the punch was strong enough to make Iguro take a step back. But at the same time, a gate opens right below Ryu taking him few meters away from Iguro, to give him time to breath,

- I'll congratulate you on your one win, but don't get cocky.

This fight is turning into a strategical battle, if Ryu uses his domain amplification, Iguro will overwhelm him with raw physical strength, and if he deactivate it he will be drag to another place by Iguro's technique or worse he could be taken outside of the boundaries.

The fight continues with Iguro taking the initiative and take some stone from the ground, imbue them with cursed energy and throw them at Ryu, he is using them as a decoy, but before Ryu has the occasion of countering the attack, Iguro uses one if his gate to teleport right behind Ryu and attack him, Ryu is too busy dodging Iguro's attacks that the stones hit him, but Iguro doesn't stop there, he pursue with a serie of punch and kicks that send Ryu flying.

That was an incredible combo, right now Iguro's objectif is to not give him time to think. Iguro continue with another assault, but he stopped by Ryu who uses Saeko's sound amplification, right when Iguro was closing the gap, he timed that one perfectly, but Iguro redirect the attack with his technique, but as soon as he does that a gate opens on his right and it is Ryu who punch him with his fist imbued with cursed energy,

- How do you like that punk? Says Ryu with a banana on his face.

He used the same strategy as Iguro, that was an impressive attack but it is not sustainable for him, his cursed technique burns alot of cursed energy, so he shouldn't do that kind of attack, I share my thoughts with my senpai,

- I shouldn't worry about that if I were you, starts Gojo-senpai, I don't know what kind of training you put him through but his control of cursed energy is just awesome, I'd say that it is even better than that of some 1st grade sorcerer I know.

- Since I focused my energy on training you, continues Fushiguro-senpai, Kusakabe took over his training, he told me that he has been training while using Anko's eye of the midnight owl all the time to improve his control of cursed energy.

- I said it before and I say again today that guy's cursed technique is a cheat code, it shouldn't exist! I finish.

The fight continues with Ryu launching another one of his attack but this time it looks like he completely deactivated his domain amplification, is he insane if he do that Iguro is going to send him out of bounds, and just as I say that in my mind, he opens a gate right below Ryu, is he reading my mind or something. But Ryu counter with a gate of his own and teleport behind his oponent, but that move is pretty obvious Iguro is on his guard.

The two engage in an other intense close combat again, Iguro seem really pissed, he is way more aggressive than before, Ryu responds with eye of the midnight owl. Almost immediatly a gate opens right below Ryu, the timing is too perfect to be a coincidence, Iguro deliberately turned the fight in a confrontation like that, just so Ryu could deactivate his domain amplification. But the worst is at this rate Ryu won't be able to activate a gate of his own, after all he can't use two borrowed technique at the same time, and that means Iguro figured it out in this short amount of time. Ryu grab Iguro and drag him with him in the gate, they pass throught the gate together and fall out of bounds.

The fight is over, so what now? Who won the fight? While the two of them are standing up, Iguro seem to be relieved, I don't think that it was because he is scared of Ryu, it is more like he is so lazy that he didn't want the fight to continue for long, and that must be why Ryu is so pissed at him. At the same time principal Kamo approaches the two,

- Since you both fallen outside of the boundaries, the looser will be the one who hit the floor first.

That said I'm not sure if that will be easy to determine,

- hey Mei, I take that you were observing closely the fight.

- Of course I did!

I guess they are relying on her because her technique gives her the ability to watch it from many angles,

- So tell us come on..., says Gojo impatiently, tell us!

- Tehehe..., laughs Mei, Ryu hit the floor first!

Oh no..., now it is 1 win against 1 win, the winner will be determined by the next fight, and it is mine.

- Listen..., starts Fushiguro-senpai, just surrender you don't have to fight him, if you surrender it will be a 2 against one win, they will win the individual battle but we won the team battle.

- Even if you do that, responds Gojo-senpai,you will still have to send one fighter against one of theirs in a one on one fight, and they will probably choose Shinji.

I know he is just saying the truth but could he just not say that so carefree like that, he make it sound like I should go out there and just beat Shinji, it is easy said than done, I know that but still...

- Gojo I don't think...

- Senpai! I cut Fushiguro-senpai, he is right, running away right now will make things even worse, I'm under no illusions, I know I don't stand a chance against him, but at least I'll wear him down so that the next opponent he will face to settle the event will have less trouble dealing with it.

He thinks about it for a moment and...

- Okay but promise me one thing, if you feel like you are in danger of death surrender immediatly!

- I promise!

Now my decision is made I'm going to give my all in this fight. As we end our conversation with Fushiguro, I feel someone's blood lust from across the venue, I can tell without a doubt that it is Shinji's, I mean come on man give me a break the fight will start soon can't you just wait untill then.

On my way to the arena I meet Ryu who just finished his he looks really sad, the loss of his fight might weight a little more on his conscious, I won't provoke him now, I'll let you breath just for this once. When I finally get into the arena Shinji is already there waiting for me, so this is it, this is my moment to prove that I'm not the weakling I was before. Ryu, senpai, Kuroo everyone look at me now!