chapter 1

Taehyung's eyes teared from the pain burning from his knuckles to his forearm, the impact of his flesh on the metal locker stinging terribly.

Thankfully, his thick glasses covered his watery eyes so that he looks less lame. He doesn't need anything else on top of his nerd boy reputation.

His school mates have enough material to laugh at, such as his glasses which are as thick as his pinky finger, his permanent downcast gaze, his scrawny figure, his overly-colourful clothes, and even excellent grades to complete the picture. Nope, he is not going to be called the crying nerd in his last year of high school.

So why is the nerd punching a school locker?

Taehyung sighed. He didn't want to. He only wants to be swallowed by the crevice between the lockers right now and hopefully he would stay there till graduation.

But what Taehyung wants, Taehyung does not get.

"Alright the next step is to punch the jock in his face and then the girlfriend swoons and she would fall for you!" Jimin excitedly egged on from his corner, and he was sure his plan would work as that was what he did to score a lover before.

P-punch someone? And the target is the school's number one Jock, Bobby?

No Jimin, let's rethink this, please?

Taehyung widened his eyes, as he was filled with uncontrollable rage and his arm - the one in pain and he swears his knuckles are splintering apart - draws back and aims for Bobby's face.

Bobby and Jieun, the school's power couple, were leaning against the locker startled and confused.

"YASSSSSSSSS!" Jimin shouted freely as Taehyung's fist follows the one way track to connect with Bobby's nose.

"Oh no, God, please save me or just kill me now. It doesn't matter which," Taehyung prayed silently.

His fist was captured by Bobby easily.

Jimin gaped, "hey that's not fair!"

Taehyung sighed, "whew, thank goodness." He didn't want to hurt anyone.

"What are you doing, nerd?" Bobby sneered, as he left Jieun's side and stalked towards Taehyung.

"Look," Taehyung backed away slowly, "I can explain."

Taehyung paused. How can he say that he had always admired Jieun and then he stupidly confided in Jimin, who decided that he needed to show Jieun he is cooler than her boyfriend.

How is his admiration related to Jieun's boyfriend anyway? It's not like Taehyung was crushing on her. Taehyung told Jimin countless times that there is really no need to but Jimin did not listen and instead used his powers to make him a fool of himself.

"Okay, maybe I can't explain..."

Bobby scoffed, not waiting any longer to throw a punch to Taehyung's stomach.

"Wait!" Jieun shouted.

Bobby's fist stopped in front of Taehyung.

"Let's go, I'm hungry." Jieun said as she placed a hand on Bobby's bicep.

"Tsk, you're lucky today, nerd. Don't let me see you again." Bobby warned as he pushed Taehyung against the locker. Great, a bruise on the shoulder as dessert.

Bobby held Jieun's hand and they both headed to the cafeteria, with Jieun turning around to mouth a sorry and give a small smile to Taehyung.

Taehyung could only return her an embarrassed grimace. Jieun is so kind and perfect.