Chapter 10: They've Fallen

Mina woke up early, the warmth of the sun, and sudden light on her face, causing her to open her eyes.

The park was beautiful, the pink clouds and orange-ish sky making the surroundings look more like a silhouette than buildings and trees.

Mina turned towards Y/n, realizing she was covered in a blanket.

'She gave me her blanket..'

A smile grew onto the pink haired, and pink skinned, girl's face. She moved it onto Y/n, running a hand through her hair, and just messing with it.

With a sigh she looked around the still empty park. As she stretched before getting up she wondered how long Y/n was awake after she had fallen asleep. Was she cold? Why did she give her the blanket? Why did she give it back?

Though the answer was obvious, Mina couldn't believe it. There's no way.. right?

The box of cold, left over pizza sat in the grass at the girls' feet. Mina soon grabbed a slice as she waited for Y/n to wake up.

'She's always been there for me.. but i pushed her away.. she's back though.. that's all that matters now'

After a pause Mina wondered, 'what if she hates me now..? Maybe she's just being nice..'

Y/n yawned, sitting up. A brief moment of confusion on her face as she looked around, she soon noticed Mina and gave her a smile. "Haha, well good morning darling"

Mina's face flushed a bit at Y/n's somewhat deep-ish morning voice. "Morning Y/n!" She managed to say clearly with a smile, any doubts had been pushed off a cliff for the time being.

"Did i take the blanket last night?" Y/n questioned, looking down at the blanket with a slightly concerned expression.

"Oh, no, i put it on you when i woke up" Mina reassured her.

"Oh!" Y/n's face turned a slight shade of pink, "well aren't you just a sweetheart" she smirked, leaning a little closer to her friend.

"Haha well you are too then! you put the blanket on me didn't you?" Mina teased back, leaning closer too, their faces a mere inch apart.

"Only to you.." Y/n's eyes flicked down to Mina's lips for a split second.

Both their faces turning a bright red, as Mina stared down at Y/n's lips as well, both slowly leaning closer, ever so slightly.

"Well then! uh.." Y/n said with wide eyes that stared at the grass, coughing out a laugh to cut the tension.

Mina laughed a bit too "uh, heh" she could feel her heart beating like crazy! The blood rushing to her face made it feel 20 degrees hotter than it actually was.

"Sorry" the word slipped out faster than Iida with his Reciprocal Burst. Y/n rubbed the back of her neck out of embarrassment.

"It's fine! I am too" Mina looked down at the blanket while fidgeting with the hem of her shirt.

"So uh.." Y/n said after clearing her throat again, "we should uhm probably get back to the dorms.." she finished with a small smile and laugh.

"Yeah" Mina laughed a bit.

The two gathered their blankets and leftover food.

Y/n extended a hand to a still-sitting Mina. "Come with me if you want to live." Y/n joked, putting on her sunglasses.

Mina took her friend's hand laughing, "oh my god"

They stared in the other's eyes for what felt like hours after Mina stood up. The slight sunrise-glow from the sky making both girls breathtaking. Every contour in their faces perfect in the other's eyes. The slight sparkle, though Y/n's were covered, in their eyes. And the pink that dusted their cheeks.

Y/n turned and led Mina out of the park with a smile. Ending the possibly romantic opportunity less awkwardly than before. They stepped on the bus, still holding hands.

And the only thought that ran through Mina's mind, was the answer to her previous questions.

'I've fallen for my best friend..'

AHHHHH yesssss she has accepted it 😤😌

FINALLY lol

I hope you guys liked this chapter! I finished it like- 10 minutes ago :) its around 2 am where i am right now so uh- whoops?

Oh well who needs sleep during summer..?

Moving on!

I hope y'all have an AWESOME rest of your day/night, dont forget to eat, drink, and rest at some point, cause like, that's kind of something you need to do🤨

Thanks for reading!! Byye!!

Happy Pride Month!!🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️