47. What Are You Afraid Of?

Start from the beginning

Lisa looked up slightly, as if asking for a praise. Jennie clipped a piece of braised pork for her.

"You eat too." Lisa also gave Jennie a piece of everything.

After dinner, Jennie made an excuse and sent Lisa back to their room. Waiting until Lisa left, Jennie suddenly stood up from her seat and bowed deeply to the Manoban parents, "Dad, Mom, I'm sorry."

"Jennie, what are you doing?" The Manoban parents stood up in shock.

"Today's matter is all because of me. Lisa didn't tell on anyone in the company and ran out alone because she wanted to surprise me." No one on the Manoban family blamed her on this matter, but even if the Manoban family didn't mention this, Jennie couldn't just pretend not to know.

"This child, what are you talking about, no one knows that this matter would happen ah." Go Eun consoled.

"But, if it weren't for me, Lisa wouldn't act like this." If it weren't for her, Lisa would still go to and from work as before, and she wouldn't run out alone without saying a word. Putting herself from another' point of view, if her child was lost, even if she knew in her heart that she can't blame the other party, she'd still held an anger for a moment. What's more, this matter has a direct connection to her.

"Jennie, don't carry this matter on your back alone, if someone was to be blamed, Jisoo is actually the first person in charge of this matter." Gong Yo suddenly said.

Jisoo glanced at her father without saying a word.

"What are you looking at? At working time, aren't you in charge of looking after Lisa?" Gong Yo glared at his eldest son.

"That's right, it was my mistake." Jisoo didn't argue and simply admitted her mistake cleanly.

"But..."

"But, what?" Jisoo interrupted Jennie.

Today, she searched for Lisa twice along the way back and forth, although reason told her that Jennie shouldn't be blamed for this matter, she still felt unsatisfied with Jennie subconsciously. As she said, if it wasn't for her, Lisa wouldn't even have the idea of leaving alone. As she's able to think like this, she believed that her parents thought so too. It's just that they're all rational people, and even if they thought so subconsciously, they will still suppress this dissatisfaction.

Fortunately, Lisa was fine this time and soon went to Jennie's studio, but if this time Lisa met with an accident, or like last time, found outside after a day and a night has passed? Jisoo thought to herself, if it was like that, she might bear a grudge towards Jennie, even though she knew this matter had nothing to do with her, but people's hearts were just like this, there's no such thing as absolute selflessness.

But when she stood behind Lisa, watched at how Lisa walked for three hours, and at the moment when she saw Jennie, how the look in her eyes suddenly changed so vividly, Jisoo suddenly felt, rather than letting her brother looking so lifeless as before, wouldn't it be better to let her be unscrupulous and willful sometime?

So when she came back, she told her parents to not mention about the matter of Lisa walking out alone in front of her, don't let her feel that today's matter was a mistake, and don't spoil the surprise she created so arduously. They wanted to act like Jennie, pretend they know nothing, pretend that Lisa had hidden things very well, pretend to be pleasantly surprised.

"I know what you're worried about, you're afraid that Lisa would meet with an accident because of you, and you're afraid that we would blame you."

Jennie gritted her teeth and didn't speak anything, but the expression on her face had explained everything. She indeed thought like this.