chapter 6 they're animals!

The doorbell rings.

Hello! Package delivery!

Star and tohru rush down stairs holding kyo while tohru held shigure and yuki. Ah! Tohru and star shout flinging open the door. The three animals sweat dropping. They're.... Tohru says. They're animals! Star shouts, her face turning blue. Yeah. Those are some cute pets you got there. Now, if you could please sign here. No! You don't understand! Tohru says dropping yuki and shigure. Yeah this is a serious matter! star says holding up kyo. Shigre gose and stamps the card. The delivery man chuckles. Aren't you a smart little poochie? Thanks a lot ma'am's. Have a good day! Star and tohru sigh, falling to their knees Holding the box. Ugh! We could've covered if you jerks hadn't transformed, too! Kyo shouts at yuki and shigure. You're the one who screwed up first, stupid cat. Yuki says, laying on top of Shigure's head. Star and tohru look at them in horror. Oh, yeah? Kyo shouts

And they can talk? Star and tohru say in their minds

Shigure barks getting kyo and yuki to stop fighting. Kyo starts hissing. We can either tell them the truth or make up a story they won't believe anyway. Shigure says. As you can see, i'm the dog, yuki is the rat, and kyo soma over here is the cat. We're all possessed by animal spirits. Shigure explains. Ten others in the soma family are similarly possessed by different zodiac animals. It's been this way for generations. Unfortunately it doesn't give us any especially cool powers to speak of. Pretty much all we can do is communicate with our respective animals,and we transfrom when our bodies are weakened or when hugged by someone of the opposite sex. We automatically turn human again after a while. Shigure explains as colorful smoke surrounds the three of them. Star and tohru turn around, waving their arms freaking out. Completely naked, I'm afraid. Shigure says.

Sorry bout that, I know it must've come as quite a shock to you both. Now then, are you feeling a bit calmer? Shigure asks fixing up his kimono. I think so, but it's kind of a lot to take in. tohru says looking down. yeah it's pretty strange but im calm. Star says blushing. Star and tohru gasp. Of Course! That must be why soma pushed away that girl who tried to hug him. Star and tohru thought in their minds. I have to say, that was pretty pathetic showing,kyo. I mean you are a martial artist. Shouldn't it be a little harder for a girl to sneak up on you? Kyo starts shaking in anger. You really do have eyes for no one but yuki, don't you? Shigure teases. Don't make me sound like that! It's not my fault! You're the ones who let these girls into this house! Kyo shouts pointing at star and tohru. They both jump a bit. Why are they even here?! Kyo shouts, still pointing at them. Calm yourself you have absolutely no say in who we allow to come in the house. You're an outsider. Yuki says. Kyo grunts in anger. Shut up! Kyo shouts, breaking the table. Oh, crap. The table falls as star stares blankly, not understanding what just happened. A bruise was now on her forehead and started to bleed. Whoa star! tohru says, grabbing star's shoulder. Is that? Shigure asks. Huh? I'm bleeding? Not my beautiful face! Star shouts freaking out. Oh, dear, we should get a bandage on that immediately, shigure says. Yuki slaps kyo. Star looks at the two of them in shock. I knew you were a moron, but i didn't think you were this stupid. Out of respect for your sheer depth of your idiocy, I'll do you a favor and fight you for real. Yuki says unbuttoning his shirt a bit as Kyo grunts. So please try not to bore me. Yuki says getting in a fighting stance waving at him to come at him. Give it all you've got little girly boy. Kyo shouts rounding kicking yuki but misses as yuki dodges. Star stared in shock. Are they...? Tohru asks. Oh, this is normal. Shigure says, grabbing stars face and turning it towards him. Get them in a room together and they're bound to go off. You know, like fire and gasoline. Shigure says dabbing the cotton ball on stars forehead. Uh, okay but shouldn't we try and stop them? Tohru asks. Star's still quite in shock since she has a bruise on her precise face. Let them spar. I assure you, they'll be done soon. Shigure says putting a bandaid on star's forehead. Yuki will win. he smirks looking at the two boys. Yuki dodges and blocks Kyo's strikes. Then dashes forward at him. Like he always does. shigure states.

 shigure states

Just as I feared you were a bore

Just as I feared you were a bore. Yuki says, holding shoulder.

Wow. he went flying. star and tohru say in unison.

It's like the two of you are always trashing my house.

How badly are you hurt? Yuki asks, kneeling beside star. Oh I'm totally fine, really I barely felt it. star says, waving her hands. But is he okay? she asks, looking over at the mini pond kyo was in. prob'ly. Yes I'm sure he'll be fine. There you see? Yuki says as Kyo gasps for air. I never imagined that the boy known as the prince would be so tough. When he's at school, he's so nice. But I guess the same could be said about me. Since I'm shy I may act all innocent now but trust me if I get comfortable then it will come out. star says in her mind.

Tohru gasps jumping up oh my gosh, we have to hurry or we'll be let to class! I'm sorry for running of like this, but it's important to me that I and star go to school everyday. I hope you understand. Tohru says bowing. Yes you did promise your late mothers. Don't apologize. Though, I should let you both know, I will have to report that you both witnessed our transformation to akito, the family head. Shigure says. Family head? Star and tohru asks. Wow that sounds important. Tohru says. Yeah it really does. star says, tilting her head. Kay, we understand. I guess we should go change our clothes now. Come on star let's go brush that terrible bed head you got. Tohru says, grabbing stars hand. yeah yeah. star says. Of course. Shigure says. The two girls run inside.

That explains why you were so quick to tell them our secret. Yuki says. Hm? Sighure hums. they'll both have their memories altered. Like those others did before. Yuki says. No, this is much different. Back then, there were so many people involved that we didn't have a choice. Shigure says. I should be going, too. Hey stupid cat, you'd better fix the roof in her room. Yuki says walking inside. Kyo look after the place, will you? And don't you dare think about running off again while I'm gone either. Shigure says walking inside. Apologize to star whenever you see her, too. He says. Kyo just sits in the pond.