Chapter Twenty-Eight

Selene's POV:

I sat at my vanity, staring at the person in the mirror and not recognising her. Her hair, so light and long hair was up in a perfectly done bun, and there were little flowers in it. Her makeup was done perfectly, soft and natural, highlighting her silvery eyes and pale face. Her body shimmered and sparkled from the glitter in her body lotion. She was wearing a knee-length, A-Line chiffon lace dress with a V-neck and half sleeves made of lace. It had a ruffled and sequins embellishment and zipped up in the back. It was a beautiful silver-grey colour, and she had paired the dress with silver shoes with rhinestones along the heel. As her hand touched her face, I felt it on mine, and I came crashing into my body. The woman, all dressed up and looking better than she had done in years, was me. 

There was a knock at my bedroom door, and I turned my head to look at it. I took a deep breath and told the person on the other side to enter. Mark walked in with a twist of the door handle and a push, dressed in a morning suit with a bowtie and everything. He smiled, and I returned it. 

"How are you doing today?" Mark asked me as he came in and closed the door behind him. That question was loaded. It held a lot of meaning, and I sighed as I looked down at my clasped hands in my lap.

Today was my son's wedding day. It was a day that I thought I wouldn't see. It was a day that I thought would be in the very far future, but Tomas Jnr had met Mikayla two years ago at his heir party, and the two had been inseparable ever since. Mikayla had to move here as TJ is the future Alpha, and she has been at University since last year. She had moved into TJ's room from the moment she moved across the country. I had just begged them to practice safe sex whilst they were still at University. 

TJ had come to me a year into Mikayla living with us and asked me if he could propose to Mikayla with the ring his father had given me. I instantly offered it to him, and he thanked me for the call. He promised to finish his High School education before marrying Mikayla because he knew how much his education meant to me. TJ had passed a few AP classes and some regular classes. He had his GED and was off to the local University to complete an undergraduate degree in Business Studies. He had big plans for the pack, both inside the pack lands and businesses outside the pack lands. 

Today was also the 19th anniversary of Tomas's death. Today, 19 years ago, my life ended, but today, my son's would begin. He would get what I never did, a wedding. TJ had asked me, a couple of months after he had asked Mikayla to marry him, if he could get married on the anniversary of the Warlock War, the day his father died. He said that say held so much hurt and pain for everyone, especially me, and he wanted to turn the day into something good. Initially, I was shocked and against the idea, but slowly I came around to it because I saw it as a life that ended 19 years ago, but today life would start. 

"Today is...."

"I know, it's a lot, but one step at a time today, and before you know it, you'll see your boy marry the love of his life," Mark told me, and I nodded at what he was saying. "Focus on the here and now, and I will be there by your side," Mark told me as he took his hand in mine and squeezed it. I looked up at him and smiled. I just had to get through today, and I would be okay. Today would be hard for me, but today was not about me. Today was about my son, and it was his day. I would be there for my son. 

TJ's POV:

I breathed deeply as my best friend Alex tied my bowtie for me. The colour scheme that Mikayla had gone with was silver/grey and dusty blue, so my bowtie was a dusty blue while Alex's was silvery-grey. The boutonnière on my jacket was the same as on Alex's. They were fake flowers to match the colour scheme best. They were made up of dusty blue and white peonies shrowded in eucalyptus leaves and wrapped at the stem with brown rope.