Back to the Past (2/3 of 3 special updates back-to-back) (TOLD YOU MORE FEELS)

Start from the beginning

The beast got off of me, running away. Looking down at myself before getting up to my feet, I saw that there wasn't a single scratch on me. Only a bit of blood. I ran over to James as soon as I was on my feet, grabbing his shoulders and shaking him. "James, wake up," I whispered, feeling tears flow down my cheeks, "please wake up." I hear Jessica and Julianna come out of the cabin, both of them gasping as they saw James. "Richard," Julianna said, her voice racking, "What did you do?!?" I look up at the two of them, shocked and confused. They thought I did this? To my son, one of my two children, the people that meant the most to me in this world?

Julianna scowled at me, looking up into the woods. I looked up with her, seeing a flickering light of torches in the darkness. The angry shouting of villagers was heard, which made my skin crawl in terror. What was going on?!? I look up at Julianna, giving her a confused and sad look. Glancing back at the oncoming villagers, I heard the faint sounds of shouting and angry yelling. I stood up to my feet, eyes wide in fear. What was going on? What was happening? I don't remember any of this! The villagers poured into the clearing where the shack stood, all of them looking at me with angry glares. Then they all looked at James, their looks turning into those of horror. "HE'S A MONSTER," I heard someone from the crowd shout, which caused an uproar of agreeing voices. "HE MUST BE PUNISHED FOR HIS CRIME!," said another, a second uproar of agreement following behind.

"Daddy," I heard Jessica whisper. Looking down at her, I see her with tears in her eyes. "Daddy, what are they talking about?" "I don't know," I say, shaking my head. "You're just instigating unneeded trouble," I yelled, getting angry. One of the villagers grabbed my arm like he was the top of the hierarchy and could do as he wished, saying, "It's time you pay the price for your baneful, Johnson." I opened my mouth to argue, but a pain in the back of my head stopped my words. My vision turned black around the edges, and I felt a warm liquid run down the back of my neck. I collapsed to my knees, hearing Jessica scream in terror, "DADDY!" And then, the second her small little voice stopped echoing around my skull, everything turned to black.

So dark......

When I came to, I was tied up to a tree. My arms were bound to branches, and my feet were bound to some roots that stuck up out of the ground. I was stuck, that was obvious. There's no way I was getting out. As I was deep in thought, a villager came up to me, holding a vial in his hand. The vial contained a dark green liquid that seemed to shimmer as it moved around inside. "Richard Johnson," the man said, "This here vial contains a super growth formula that will make the tree you're tied to grow at an astounding rate. And since you're unable to get out, you know what will happen, right?" I stared at him, thinking he was crazy. How was I supposed to know what was going on? I didn't even know where I was!

I stayed quiet, not wanting to answer the crazed man in front of me. He nodded as if I answered his question, and he opened the vial. Tipping it over, he poured the liquid onto the roots of the tree. The tree itself began to shake and quiver, and the man ran away as if he'd released a wild animal. He must have, because the tree started to grow. One foot, two feet, and three. It didn't bother me at first, but it started bothering me when the branches and roots started growing. It began pulling my limbs, stretching me more than my joints would allow.

As if to remind me that my joints couldn't take it, they all imbued at the same time, spreading apart from their original places. I let out a scream, feeling my limbs stretch even more. My vision began to go black again, and I was struggling to stay awake. I had to get back to my family. I had to keep Jessica safe from that beast, it already took away one of my children. I closed my eyes as a blinding sunlight fell onto me, heating my ice-cold skin. All the blood was rushing out of my arms and legs, leaving me cold inside and out. But I was still alive. I wasn't dead yet. The tree kept growing, and since it continued to grow taller by the second, my legs and arms would stop being pulled on.