Chapter Thirteen - Loved

I AM STILL ALIVE!!! Before we begin just so it's clear, this takes place at Ajay's home. Anne lives elsewhere but was housesitting for Ajay since break-ins aren't uncommon where they live. The only reason she went was incase Stephen did follow Elias so she could get Elias to safety while Ajay held Stephen off with his fire.

 The only reason she went was incase Stephen did follow Elias so she could get Elias to safety while Ajay held Stephen off with his fire

Ajay's pov

"Elias?" Anne said softly. "Leave me alone, please" Elias quietly said sitting infront of the fireplace. I had given him some of my clothes to wear for now til we could get around to washing his. "But-" "Anne, leave him alone." The small girl looked at me confused but I just gestured for her to follow me. We went to my bedroom and turned the computer on.

Me, Anne, Dan, and Jay have had online meetings to discuss how Elias has been doing and all that. "Ajay! How is he!? Is he okay!?" "Stephen better not have hurt him!" Dan and Jay were clearly worried about Elias. "Well, the rail broke and he fell in the river but other than that he's fine. Stephen never laid a hand on him, don't worry."

'Yes, perfectly fine. He's just being abused and tortured by his parents and losing everything and everyone he ever cared about but yes he's fine! He's fine because he has to be! He's FINE because they make him ACT FINE!!' I was so pissed at his parents for doing this to him but they weren't the only ones I was mad at anymore.

Anne continued to explain how he's been and all that but I had blocked it out mostly. I hated myself so much right now. 'Why didn't I say anything?' I asked myself over and over again. Before, I had a reason. If I said something I'd be risking my life, Elias's life, Jay's and Joe's lives. The whole group excluding Daniel would become a target and they wouldn't even know why nevermind being prepared for it. Then, I was trying to keep everyone safe. Now though, I know that's not why.

Before, Elias was right there. They could have easily killed him before any of us could help him but now everyone's away from them. Jay and I moved out years ago and nobody could find Elias for a week at the beginning of all this. The only person near them anymore was the one person they'd never harm. Daniel. I could have said something at the beginning of all this. Even if Dan's parents tried to attack the guys, they would have enough time to prepare themselves.

I think the real reason I still stayed silent throughout this was because Dan chose his parents over his brother. I think that made me scared that he might not believe me or let me finish explaining. I was scared I'd lose Daniel, too. I've already lost one family. I lost my entire home. That's why I'm living amongst humans instead of with my own kind. I have nowhere else to go. After I moved in, the guys became like a family to me. I'm not ready to lose that again.

I was scared to lose the people I cared about so I let Elias go through all this. I let Elias lose everyone he's ever loved so I wouldn't have to! Why!? I've seen what he has to go through! I know how it feels to lose the people close to you! I've had every chance to say something and I don't! I don't because I'm scared! I was scared I'd get hurt! I'm scared to lose my family all over again but I am the only other person who knows and who can get him out of this! It's not fair to him! He trusted me to help him so why won't I!?