Chapter Two - A Nobody's Birthday

Elias's pov

Elias's pov

The winter sun shined through the window as I woke up. I grab my phone to look at the time. 'Too early' I thought before setting my phone back and lying back down on my teal colored bed. There was no school due to winter break so, naturally, I had slept in and yet it still wasn't enough. I heard the door open and close but didn't think much of it. Me and Daniel shared a room so I assumed it was him as I rolled over.

I was about to doze off when I heard an alarm go off. Startled, I sat up only to be met with the greenette laughing while holding his phone. "Rise and shine, sleeping beauty!" he said jokingly, way too excited to wake me up. Annoyed, I pulled the covers over my head which was also under my pillow trying to drown out the noise of the blaring alarm still going off. "Oh my god, Daniel! Turn it off!" I screamed as he chuckled and turned the alarm off. 'Thank goodness' I thought finally relaxing.

Just then, I felt him grab my ankles and pull my legs over his shoulder as I dangled upside down behind him. "Daniel, please don't. Not again. It's too early!" Of course, he didn't listen before he started hopping around in every which direction. "Come on, sleepyhead! You gotta get up! Switch that brain of yours on and let's go!" "Okay, okay! I'm awake!" He thankfully stopped but then dropped me headfirst into a cherry red beanbag chair directly underneath.

"Ow-kay. Bro, what the heck?" "Just confirming." "What, that I'm awake or that you're a terrible brother? Oh and you are officially off wake-up duty" I said before blowing a few strands of hair out of my eye and sitting up. "Sorry for the rude wake-up call but I'm excited!" "About Christmas or that it's the first day of winter break?" I asked genuinely curious.

"Well, I'm excited for those too but I was talking about something else. Something better!" "What could possibly be better than presents, chocolate, and no school!?" "Okay so maybe not better but pretty close!" he said, his cheerful smile growing wider as he ran over and grabbed my arm. 'And here we go again' I thought before being yanked out of the room.

Once out, I noticed a bunch of people hanging around. "Happy birthday, Elias!" they shouted immediately after noticing me which wasn't too hard with the bright green shirt I was wearing. This scared the living daylights out of me and I instantly hid behind my brother. I may or may not be incredibly shy. This reaction got a few laughs out of the group as I finally realized who all it was and why Dan was so excited. 'Oh my god, I'm an idiot! Can't believe I forgot my own birthday!'

"Relax Elias. We're all friends here" Ajay said. He and Daniel had been dating for a couple weeks now but it's okay because he's really cool and for crying out loud, he's a fire controlling demon! Also, if I remember correctly, wasn't he a prince where he came from? I always forget. He never talks about it.

"I'm just glad Socio Junior finally decided to get up" Jay added before heading to the kitchen. Jay had known my brother since kindergarten and were great friends. He actually started living with us about eight years ago. Something with his parents not taking care of him. I always idolized him and he was also the next closest thing I had to a brother even before he moved in.