Chapter Eight - A Broken Bond

So before we begin, Stephen is somewhat the bad guy in this chapter so if you don't like that then I suggest you leave

Elias's pov

I opened my eyes to find myself in an unknown room. At first I didn't remember what happened but memories quickly flood back. "I just don't see why you want to help him after everything that's happened" "He's my best friend! I'm not gonna just leave him lying in his own blood! He would have died!" 'Joey? Why is he helping me? Where am I?'

"He cut you with a knife!" "Because he was afraid! He never would have done that had I not startled him so I'm the one at fault! You straight up tried to murder him!" "He's also been attacking Jay, his parents, and for crying out loud he's attacked Daniel!" "Exactly! He would never attack any of us for no reason, especially Daniel! Something's wrong with him and I have to find out what! I have to at least try to help him! What is so wrong with me doing that!?"

By this point, I had fully regained my hearing and vision. 'Wait.. am I in a hospital?' I was a bit confused on what was happening and how I got here. I'm pretty sure I was alone last I remember. I glanced over and noticed Gavin sitting beside the bed I was on holding my hand. He looked worried as he watched Joey and Stephen arguing. It took a bit for the thought to set in but it hit me hard when it did. 'Wait STEPHEN!?!'

I began to panic knowing how he felt about me. I jumped up and started backing away from everyone even after I felt something, which ended up being a needle, be yanked out of my arm and I even threw an oxygen mask off of me without thinking. Of course, this immediately caught Gavin's attention since he was sitting right there and the others noticed right after. I ended up backing myself into a corner and started crying. "Woah, hey! Elias, calm down! It's okay. It's us" Gavin said grabbing my hand again.

"Stay away from me!" I yelled pushing him away for his safety. Gavin looked at me confused and a bit hurt. "Please! Just stay away! I don't wanna hurt you!" He tried to calm me down again but Stephen pulled him away. "You better not because if you do, I promise you nothing and no one in this hospital is gonna save you!" he snapped. I started shaking and crying even harder genuinely scared for my life. Gavin looked heartbroken watching this all go down and Joey was beyond pissed.

"Stephen, get the fuck away from him! Don't you think he's going through enough already!?" Joey yelled pushing him away before looking over to me with a worried expression but it soon changed to a sympathetic smile. "Hey, it's okay. Calm down" he said in a gentle tone while walking over to me. "You know there's a reason Daniel kicked him out, right?" Stephen said still staring daggers at me. It broke my heart when he mentioned my brother and the events of that day ran through my head.

"STEPHEN, STOP!!" The room was silent after that say for me crying. Joey climbed up on the bed beside me and started rubbing circles on my back. I didn't like him this close to me after what I'd done back at Joe's place. I was afraid to hurt Joey again. I really didn't want to be alone but I just couldn't stop thinking about the fact that I could snap out at any moment, be forced to watch myself hurt them, and be unable to do a thing about it.