Chapter Four - Why?

Alright I finally made chapter four. Also, I'm making it so every odd numbered chapter is of the present day and looking ahead where as every even numbered chapter is of the past, events that have already happened, and help establish why things are the way they are in present day. With that said, let's go!

 With that said, let's go!

Diana's pov

"Robert, we need to talk" I said to my husband of many years. "Yes, dear?" I sat down beside him on the bed unsure of how to break the news to him. I decided to just say it outright. "Honey, don't get mad but I'm pregnant" I explained as his eyes grew wide.

"What!? But we agreed on only having one child!" "I know. I guess I forgot to take my birth control. I've just been so busy with Daniel and all." The room fell silent as Robert took a deep breath before finally speaking up. "So what are we gonna do?" "I kinda want to see where this goes. Okay?"

Seven years later (+ nine months)

Elias's pov

I was sitting on Jay's bed watching my brother and Jay play on the Xbox in Jay's room. Personally, I preferred the PlayStation Dan had. "Jay, what the heck! That's cheating!" "It's not cheating if you never said I couldn't!" Jay replied to my brother as I started laughing since Dan did that to me all the time. Daniel looked at me annoyed and I shut up right then and there though I struggled not to chuckle a bit. I got bored after awhile so I went to the kitchen to find my mom making supper.

"Hi Mom! What are you making?" I asked but she didn't notice I was there. 'That's a bit weird. Not having a good day, I guess.' I didn't want to keep bothering her so I turned around to leave but I accidentally knocked one of the chairs over. "OH! Goodness, I didn't even realize you were here." "Are you okay, Mom? You were just staring at the wall." "Yes, I'm okay sweetie. I think..." she said trailing off at the end.

"Mom?" She shook her head, looked at me, and smiled. "I'm fine. You wanna help me with dinner?" "Sure!" I replied grabbing a chair to reach as I was only 7. I kinda got creeped out a little at the way she would look at me when I was turned around. 'Did I do something wrong' I thought but was brought back to reality when the door opened.

I looked back to see my dad was back from work. "Hi, Dad!" Daniel said running out of Jay's room and hugging him. Jay, who wasn't even five foot (he won't hit his growth spurt for another year), also walked out and waved. "Hi, Robert." "Hey, Jay. Whatcha boys doin'?" "Just playing." "Hiya, Dad!" I said but got a little weirded out when I realized he was looking at me just as Mom was. "Oh. Hey Elias" he said but it was off. 'Okay, I definitely did something wrong' I thought but I just couldn't think of anything I have done wrong as of recently.

Later that night

I was woken up by my mom late at night and I could already tell something was off about it all. Very off. "Mom? Why are you-" I started but was cut off when she placed her hand over my mouth before pointing over at Dan sleeping across the room. I stayed quiet as she gestured for me to follow her. I grabbed a small grey and white wolf plush I had before leaving the room with her.