Chapter Twelve - Safe

Ajay's pov

Ajay's pov

I was sitting on the couch just watching tv. It was Saturday and I had nowhere to be and nothing to do so I was just having a bit of a lazy day. Daniel then came down the stairs wearing a white sweater, jean shorts, and his favorite rainbow socks and sat on the couch beside me. "Hey, Ajay. What are you doing?" "Nothing much really. Just felt like being lazy today."

"Oh, okay" Dan said before grabbing the light blue blanket on the arm of the couch and pulling out his phone quickly ending the conversation. I turned back to the tv but got startled when I felt him lean up against my arm. I looked back towards the greenette still staring down at his phone.

I couldn't seem to look away from him. Those bright green eyes, the way the light lit up his hair. Even his body which he'd always kinda hated. In my eyes, he looked perfect. Dan then looked at me and I realized I'd been staring. "What?" "Nothing. Sorry" I said, my face heating up a bit. Thankfully, Dan's attention then went to Jay who just came out of his bedroom which was connected to the living room.

"Morning, sleeping beauty" Dan said jokingly. "Hey, Dan- what the hell are you guys doing?" he asked after noticing Daniel kinda cuddled up to me. "Nothing, I was just a bit cold." Jay then glared at me a bit before heading to the kitchen. He'd always been protective of Elias and Daniel though he thankfully calms down pretty quickly.

Dan then got a smirk and he walked up behind Jay and took his phone. "Wha- Daniel!" Dan just stuck his tongue out like a 4 year old and bolted to Jay's bedroom with Jay right behind him. I followed them and right as I got in, Dan slid Jay's phone under his bed. Jay smacked him annoyed and went to retrieve his phone. "Why'd you do that?" I quietly asked walking over to Dan. "You'll see in three.. two.. one..."

Suddenly, Jay's bedroom door opened revealing a male with fluffy red hair that was shaved down on the back and sides. It was a lighter red on top but faded to an almost crimson red near the bottom. His eyes were a bright minty green and he was wearing a green hoodie with the sleeves rolled up enough that the tattoos on his arms could just barely peek out from under them.

"Hey, Jay. Nice ass" he teased which was immediately followed by a loud thud from Jay banging his head on the bedframe. Trevor tried not to laugh at what just happened as the blond popped his head out from under the bed, his face red from embarrassment. 'Well at least he got his phone' I thought.

"Uh heh. H-hey Trevor" Jay said nervously. It was still weird to see him like this. Not only is it not like him but you'd think he'd be over this at least a little now that they're dating. "Smooth Jay" Dan said. Jay turned his head towards Dan looking like he was about to murder everyone in the room. That was when I decided it was time to go. I grabbed Dan's arm and dragged him out of the room with me.

Thirty minutes later

Dan and I had been spying on the two lovebirds for a couple minutes. I was really only there to keep Dan from doing anything too stupid. Jay was cuddled up to Trevor and kinda shivering a bit. Trevor noticed and grabbed his hoodie which was now tied around his waist.