I'm a Walking Travesty, But I'm Smiling At Everything

Alex's POV

It was just Jack and I. Me and Jack. Alone, for the first time in what feels like an eternity. The beautiful blonde and ebony hair male stared at me, with that smile that always made my heart stop. 

It's funny how you could meet someone and a month later they could mean the world to you. Because that's what Jack meant to me. But he would never know that; he's too happy with Zack, and I can't ruin that for my two best friends.

"Lex? Hey, pay attention to me!" Jack was snapping his fingers in my face and pouring like a child.

"Oh sorry! I must've spaced out. Thinking."

"Whatcha thinking about?" Jack said in that adorable tone of curiosity.

"Nothing, just really nothing." I tried playing it off like I hadn't been thinking about how Jack should be mine and what I felt for him, but he knew better. That man could read me like a book.

"Don't lie to me Alex." He said, becoming serious for the first time I've known him.

"I-I'm not lying to you Jack.." I mumbled, staring blankly at the floor.

"Yes. You are." He put simply. Jack started crawling across the couch, making his way to the side I was sitting on, stopping as his face became inches from mine.

"So tell me."

I couldn't respond. I couldn't move. All I could focus on was the feeling of Jack's breath, just ghosting on my face.

Swallowing hard before trying to speak, I thought about telling him, telling Jack everything, the cuts on my wrists, the feelings I felt for him, and my jealousy of my best friend.

But I couldn't. I can't.

"Jack. There isn't anything to tell you."

"Fine." He sat beside me, folding him arms and looking forward, as if he planned on ignoring me.

Looking at him questionably, raising an eyebrow, I rested my head on his shoulder and sighed.

"I know what you're thinking and why you won't tell me Lex." Jack said plainly without averting his gaze in front of him.

"Then why don't you tell me what I was thinking? Say what I'm too afraid to say."

"Okay." Jack turned his body to face me, forcing me to sit up rather than using his body as support.

Looking into my eyes and smirking slightly, he tilted my chin up so I was able to see him and only him. My mind was engulfed with just Jack. Moving closer to my face, I felt his lips press against mine. With that, I had no control over my next actions.

Wrapping my arms around Jack's neck, I pulled him closer so he was flush against my body. Our kiss was soft and sweet, and absolutely everything I've wanted since we met.

Breaking the kiss, Jack smiled, nuzzling his nose against mine. I unwrapped my arms from his body, just resting my hands on his thighs. The smile I wore was different from the ones I've faked for so long. This one was genuine.

Speaking up, my voice was just above a whisper as I was just inches from the man in front of me, "You couldn't have been more accurate about my thoughts."

"Told you." Jack said in a cocky tone. We both sat there for what seemed like forever, in the same position, just staring into each others eyes, smiling, and sharing small pecks on the face.

No words were exchanged for quite a while. We didn't discuss what had happened, why Jack did what he did, or what would happen with him and Zack. Of course, thousands of questions were swimming through my head but somehow I was able to forget about them.