Reunited and It Feels So Good

Jacks POV

We sat in a small cafe sipping our drinks in silence. Maybe this was a bad idea. I mean, we barely know each other and I just ask him out for coffee?! He looks uncomfortable. This was a horrible idea Jack.

"So, um, who were you there for?" Alex said, trying to spark up a conversation.

"Oh, my grandparents. I just miss them a lot and thought I'd stop by and put some flowers by their grave."

"That's sweet of you"

"Yeah, um.."

I wanted to ask about who he was singing to but I didn't want to upset him. What if it was too personal?

"Wh-who were you playing that song for? They must have been very close to you."

Alex bit his lip. It looked like tears were welling up in his eyes.

"Oh, my brother. Tom." He spoke quietly. I could tell it was a touchy subject for him.

"You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to. We're strangers. You don't have to tell me" I put a hand on his shoulder trying to calm him, giving him a small smile.

He smiled back, "Thanks"

We sat there for another hour talking about random things. We had a lot in common!

I looked at my phone, realizing how late it was getting. "Uh, I think I better get going. It's getting pretty late."

Alex, realizing the time too, got up from his seat "Shit, I should go too. I have to get home to my dog.. I don't like leaving him alone." Awe, how cute!

"Well here, take my number. Maybe we can hang out again sometime?"

"Sounds good, thanks. And thank you for the coffee." He said with a smile. We both left the cafe and waved goodbye before parting ways.

Alex's POV

 Going out with a guy I barely knew was definitely out of the ordinary for me. On top of it, talking to him for hours, too! Maybe this is what I need.

    I've spent so long pushing everyone away, even my closest friends Zack and Rian. Jack seemed like a nice enough guy. Maybe it is time to stop isolating myself.

Then again, he might leave me just like Tom. I don't want to suffer through that again. It might be best to stay away, to not get hurt again.

     So why did I agree to have coffee with him? Why did I have such a great time? With a complete stranger!

The next morning I just paced my room gripping my phone tightly. Nervous and debating whether to humiliate myself, or finally reconnect with my best friends after 6 months.

Stop being such a pussy Alex and just call them! Sighing as I dialed Rian's number, I put the phone to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Ry" I tried to sound calm and not so nervous.

"Don't take this the wrong way but, uh, why are you calling?" He didn't sound very enthused.

"I'm sorry. Rian, I'm so sorry I pushed you and Zack away. I'm sorry you guys tried to help but I didn't let you. I just want my best friends back." I really just wanted some people back into my life that I could trust.

"Lex, you know you weren't alone in this all, you had me and Zack to help you through. It hurt a lot that you just dropped us. After how long we've been best friends." Rian sounded hurt, something I never heard in his voice before. He was always the strong one.

"I'm sorry Ry. I can't tell you that enough. Can we all, all three of us, talk it out? I would really like my best friends back."

"Come over in 15, Lex. I'll tell Zack the same." I could tell he was smiling through the phone. I was grinning just as big. "Alright. See you soon, buddy"

------------------

I drove to Rian's with a huge grin the whole way. Luckily, he lived only a few blocks away. As I climbed out of my car and reached the door I felt that nervous feeling in my stomach. It's been 6 months. What if they changed? What if things were awkward? Could they just pick up where they left off all those months ago? I shook my head, getting rid of those thoughts. I knocked on the door and heard shuffling inside. Rian answered the door with Zack behind him. They grinned at me and hugged me, making me the middle of a Zack and Rian sandwich.

"Hey Lex!" They both greeted while crushing me between them.

I chuckled "Hey guys! I missed you"

They let go and Rian looked at me.

"We missed you, too. It's good to have you back."

For the rest of the afternoon we sat in Rian's living room watching movies and catching up on our lives.

"So you and Cass still together?" I asked, they'd been high school sweethearts and have been together ever since.

"Yeah, I could never leave her. She the best thing that ever happened to me." I could see the love in his eyes when he talked about her. That's something I want someday. Although, I don't think love is something I'll ever have.

"I'm surprised she didn't dump your ass already" Zack said with a smirk

Rian hit him with a couch pillow and it was over. The two grown men tackled each other, wrestling on the floor like kids.

I just watched and laughed, knowing very well Zack would end up winning. Rian didn't have a chance considering Zack was like the hulk.

After pinning Rian down, they sat up and laughed.

Continuing our conversation from be for I turned to Zack "Does Zackary have a special lady?" Raising me eyebrow in question.

"Um, actually.. No. But I have something to tell you, Rian already knows."

Zack nervously fiddled with his hands "I'm.. Bisexual. I like guys. I don't know why I went all through high school without realizing it."

I didn't know what to say. Zack was so muscular and hands down the most manly of us three.

"That's great Zack!" I hugged him.

"Now I'm not the only fag here" I said winking. Zack and Rian both chuckled.

It was nice being with my two best friends again. Who knows, I could even make friends with that Jack guy. Things are starting to look up for me finally.

Hey guys! Sorry It took me a while to update!

I wasn't sure where I wanted to go with the story and I was away for a bit.

Hopefully you like this chapter! You were all very nice commenting and voting on the last one!

Thank you so so much!

I love you all <3

P.S. My sister came up with the Chapter name cuz I'm too lazy