Spar

Maki and Asta go to the open field and distance themselves from each other. Everyone else decided to watch from the sidelines to watch.

"Just because you are a first year doesn't mean I'm gonna go easy on you," Maki says as she points her sword at Asta.

"That's fine by me!" Asta squares up and holds his demon-destroyer with both hands in front of him. Panda stands in between the two opponents with Nero on his head.

"On your mark," both Panda and Nero raise their arm/wing, "get set... GO," both of them swung their arm/wing down and moved out of the way.

With the spar started, Asta rushes forward full blast leaving footprints of where he first was. He goes for a downward slash but gets stopped by Maki's spear. She grunts as she wasn't expecting such a fast and powerful attack from a first year, even if he did stands up against Sukuna.

"If this was your average cursed weapon it would have already broken," Maki examines. She could feel the blow throughout her while body. Even when she realizes this she couldn't help but smile.

Since she can't push Asta off, she tilts the bottom of her spear to the ground and shifts her body in the opposite direction. She tries to use the momentum to follow through and hit Asta with her blade but another, different sword blocks it. A little shocked, Maki hops back to see the new development.

Asta now holds two swords that are completely different from one another despite the fact they are both rusted looking. In his left hand is the katana from before, but now in his black and red hand, he holds a little bit bigger sword that had a four-sided guard on it. (Demon-dweller)

"Come on, is that all you got? I don't know what Gojo-sensei saw in you to make him pick you up off the streets," Maki tries to rile Asta up. She knocks the katana out of his hands and backs up to catch it.

"so this is one of your 'eraser' swords. I don't see what's so special about you if anyone can use it," she puts her spear down and puts the katana in front of her.

"Uh I wouldn't do that if I were you," Asta warns her.

"What do you mea-" Maki almost collapses but catches herself before hitting the ground. She looks at the sword, "how is that possible?"

"What the matter Maki, already worn out?" Panda asks.

Maki tosses the katana towards the group annoyed, "it drains you cursed energy no matter how small. For Pete's sake it even effected me."

She goes and picks her spear back up trying to catch her breath. When she thinks about what just happened her breath hitches, "you don't have any cursed energy," she bluntly points out.

The people who get what she is saying eyes widen.

"Nope! I don't have a single ounce of mag– cursed energy," Asta says proudly. Maki changes into a more serious stance.

"So it really is a battle of blades then," she continues to go at Asta with a series of attacks each one aimed at open spots, but none of them lands. Asta quickly uses his demon-dweller to block them all with ease, concentration on his face.

After that Maki stopped advancing. She spun her spear and hit the bottom of it with the ground.

"I think I got an idea of your swordsmanship even if you didn't use all your arsenal," Maki says.

"This was great training! Where I'm from there aren't many people who do close up fighting!" Asta says as he puts his demon-dweller away and rolls his shoulders.

"demon-slasher!" He calls out and the katana flys into his hands. This made people mouths drop.

"Holy sh!t!!! I wish I could do that with my weapon," Nobara says.

Asta rubs the back of his head embarrassed by the attention, "hehe, I may not have any cursed energy but that doesn't mean I have nothing."

"I don't think we need to train Asta if he can already go up against you Maki," Panda points out.

"Salmon," Toge nods.

"Yeah yeah. He can just train on his own for all I care," Maki annoyingly agrees.

"That's okay because Gojo sensei wants me to do other things anyway!! So I won't be here often until we near the goodwill event," Asta tells them. Nero flys on his head and nestles in his hair.

"I feel bad for whatever that idiot makes you do."

•×•×•×•×•×•×•

When dinner time started coming around, everyone started heading for their rooms. When it was just the second years left they started talking about today's events.

"Geez if you told me power wise if the short kid was somehow related to the infamous Sorcerer Killer I would have believed you. But the fact that he has that natural strength and some sort of anti-cursed energy in those weapons probably makes him even more of a threat," Maki complains.

"Salmon," Toge nods.

Panda scratches his chin with a claw, "I wouldn't be surprised if his fake arm of his is powered by the same anti-cursed energy as his swords he wouldn't be able to use it otherwise."

"Mustard Leaf."

"Don't worry my friend! I won't be that easy to kill so you don't have to worry about that anti-cursed energy sucking up all my life force. Plus the shorty's on our side and he seems very nice," Panda assures his classmates.

"Gojo always brings trouble whenever he can. I hate to think about the headache the higher-ups are going to be when they find out about Asta," Maki grumbles. They head inside to eat their dinner and then go to sleep for the next day of tortu—training.

.
.... It's been months haven't it... Welp I finished☺️

...yeah🥲
I don't know how many of you waited but thanks! The fight scene probably wasn't the best because it was so short but you know what! I like it. I thought I did a good job explaining the fight.
And in real life fights only last a few minutes anyway.

I don't know what I am doing and just have been winging it and improvising the whole thing.🙃 And hopefully the next chapter will come to my head sooner so you guys won't have to wait as long.😔

Bye!!